Problems on the TransPennine Trail near Conisborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Contractors on site next week and they are looking at warning signs.
I've noticed on the TPT towards Hull, on the Hessle foreshore, the council must have been made aware of a problem with a section of the trail & instead of sorting the problem they have put up warnings signs of an uneven surface :huh:

I know that spot well. Used to ride over that nearly every week. Fell flat on my face a couple of times.
There's the fun choice near there of climbing alongside the viaduct or wussing out and going up the switchback path.

If you're heading back round the now defunct Earth Centre and follow the trail back to the Pastures you can enjoy the slippery as hell wooden bridge, and the track that carries on with wooden rails hidden in the grass.
To make life more fun most of the track is limestone (or dolomite) which packs hard, rots when wet, and becomes more slippery than ice.

I miss those runs along the canal side and up to Cusworth Hall to watch the sunrise over Doncaster. It was wonderful on freezing winter mornings :sad:

OP
OP
R

RhythMick

Über Member
Glad to see its getting fixed but sadly in a not so easy to fix incident a man in his 50's was robbed of his Orange MTB at knifepoint on the 'Southern' length of TPT near Rother Valley, Sheffield. There have at least been 3 arrests in relation to the incident: http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk...ts-made-connection-robbery-rother-valley-park

Good news is they got the scum. Sadly I'm sure a slap on the wrist will be heading their way rather than the public flogging they deserve.

OMG - I am my dad !

Good news is they got the scum. Sadly I'm sure a slap on the wrist will be heading their way rather than the public flogging they deserve.

OMG - I am my dad !

Over on singletrack world theres a whole thread dedicated to this, the man robbed is a member there.

I know this part of the TPT and although nice, it is isolated if a quiet time and the consensus (and my observation) is it is near a less desireable part of Sheffield

Top Bottom