problems with GCN+ race pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

henryelliott1

I recently took out an annual subscription to GCN+ to watch advert-free live cycling. The registration process was straightforward and I was watching live streaming of superb quality within 5 minutes. However, after 2 days joyful viewing, the website showed no active subscription and invited me to subscribe again. I checked my credit card bill and the subscription had been taken. I reported this to the GCN helpline and received an automated message giving a query number and claiming they were very busy. Since then - nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how was it solved.

I am desperate to watch the mountain stages of the Giro

DRM

Guru
I think mines done this the odd time, try logging in again, I have mine saved on the iPad and pc it sometimes needs two goes to log in

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
This happens to me too, I usually log out and close the window then try again. It's ONLY on a browser, the app on firestick + android equivalent work just fine.

OP
OP
H

henryelliott1

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried logging out/in without success. I am in contact with the support team, but they say they have no record of a subscription related to my email address, despite my address showing on my profile on the racepass site. It looks as if they are unable (or unwilling- to solve my issue. I have looked into cancelling my subscription be need to access the full site to do this.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I attempted to download the app onto my Chromebook, it came back as 'app not supported on your device' despite it being in the Google Playstore.

GCN+ support told me they don't support Chromebooks, but the service should still be available to watch in the web browser.

I tried that for about the fourth or fifth time, and it finally worked.

So it looks like I'm watching GCN+ without the app.

Presumably, there's stuff I can't do, but it's played the handful of films and races I've watched so far.

Several attempts to turn off subtitles failed, but the last time I tried they did switch off.

One film - Simon Richardson and Jenny Graham tootling around Columbia - is jerky.

Not sure why, the other vids work OK.

Works great for me on my android phone through the app or my laptop through the browser.

Are you sure you've used your correct email to register ? My email is linked to my wife's as I need to edit and upload her YouTube videos so occasionally I hit the wrong account and get confused.

Good luck getting it sorted.

DRM

Guru
I attempted to download the app onto my Chromebook, it came back as 'app not supported on your device' despite it being in the Google Playstore.

GCN+ support told me they don't support Chromebooks, but the service should still be available to watch in the web browser.

I tried that for about the fourth or fifth time, and it finally worked.

So it looks like I'm watching GCN+ without the app.

Presumably, there's stuff I can't do, but it's played the handful of films and races I've watched so far.

Several attempts to turn off subtitles failed, but the last time I tried they did switch off.

One film - Simon Richardson and Jenny Graham tootling around Columbia - is jerky.

Not sure why, the other vids work OK.
I found in the browser to turn off subtitles you had to click on subtitles, switch them on, come out of the selection box, go back in to subtitles and turn them off, but recently the subtitles are always off both in the browser and on the iPad.

Top Bottom