Procycling magazine to close

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah sad but I haven't bought it for aaages. As DT says - it'd be one of the choices for a long journey. I think there has been a huge surge in titles available since it began so it's split the market.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I subscribed as i found it an interesting read as although it has a few pages of bling overall the articles were interesting and not rehashed sportive plans for office working mamils with pots of cash like another publication were could mention.They did offer a mtb mag instead but i had to turn it down as i have zero interest in MTB side

Mike_P

Guru
Have a couple of year review issues, one was free with a £6 off £40 spend voucher when I had got to a smidge over £34 and did not want anything else. Seems to have been absent in supermarkets recently.

alex_cycles

Veteran
My argument for the continued existence of magazines in the early days of the internet was "you don't take your computer into the bog".

But of course the invention of tablets and smartphones put paid to that argument. Haven't bought a magazine for years. I'm surprised that any magazine still manages to survive. Well done to them for holding out so long.

DRM

Guru
If you saw the amount of magazines that go for recycling it’s phenomenal, I’ve been at the distribution centre, of a national supplier to newsagents and supermarkets, in one city, that serves just West Yorkshire ,
they send a minimum of 4 containers full for recycling every day, this size
1639774092223.png

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Most of the magazines we sell are TV guides and women's magazines. Special interest magazines are dying the death, the only cycling mag we get is one copy of C+ and that goes back unsold every other month. I don't even open it, it is crap. The sellers tend to be classic vehicle magazines, everything from agricultural machinery to cars, but even they only sell in single figures.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I finally gave up on Cycling Plus this month after subscription since I can't remember, though think the first issue I got was 100, final being 387.

Lots of stuff I'm neither interested in or can afford and nowadays can get what I want from the Internet, though the original C+ forum and collapse / migration brought me here...

Top Bottom