Prodigy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
music from Mozart to the Beatles
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as a child Mozart could be taken to a concert, then when he got home he could transcribe the entire symphony, or whatever. Or if you preferred he could play it, faultlessly. Or - his special party trick - play it faultlessly, backwards.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Brian Wilson was supposed to be able to play like that.

Drago, sounds like Mini D has a very bright future- don't treat her any differently- just stop her getting bored- she'll love you for it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as a child Mozart could be taken to a concert, then when he got home he could transcribe the entire symphony, or whatever. Or if you preferred he could play it, faultlessly. Or - his special party trick - play it faultlessly, backwards.
The usual anecdote about Mozart is that he visited the Sistine Chapel, heard the choir sing Allegri's Miserere (something whose score they guarded jealously) and wrote it down perfectly afterwards. Which is amazing - except that the damn thing is the same music repeated half a dozen times. Playing something backwards is stupidly difficult and wouldn't reflect the sort of pattern recognition a good musician would apply to memorising something.

About the age of 9 I could solve Rubik's cube from any position, quite quickly. That's the same sort of random feat of memory as memorising pi.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
she already loves her old Dad, mainly because i'm the biggest kid around, and because I can fart on demand when she pulls my finger.
I made my sisters kids laugh by tapping my nose and burping on one visit to then. She told me off about it a couple of months later, saying that the children had been doing it themselves ever since! :laugh:

I made my sisters kids laugh by tapping my nose and burping on one visit to then. She told me off about it a couple of months later, saying that the children had been doing it themselves ever since! :laugh:
Win-win, made the kids happy and hacked off your sibling ^_^.

Top Bottom