Product Review - Knog Frog Light

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by guitarcarfanatic, 23 Aug 2012.

1. I picked up some Knog Frog lights in the ProBikeUK sale and they came with free water bottles. The lights themselves are tiny and attach to a bike using a simple plastic hoop that wraps around. The build quality seems excellent and they have both constant and flashing modes. Ideal as a back up flasher to help with visibility. I have attached them to my helmet and they seem pretty good!

2. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

I borrowed a pair off a friend to try as helmet lights last week, inspired by the PBK offer :smile: I thought they were pretty good too although theyre very easy to turn on by accident as seems to happen when I put the helmet in my saddlebag.

It seems Knog have released the "Frog Strobe" as a sort of replacement, which seems to be the same thing but 25 lumens rather than 10 in the normal frog and a couple of additional flashing patterns from about £7.50 each. Im quite tempted to get a pair as helmet lights since i liked the normal Frogs :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    guitarcarfanatic

guitarcarfanatic Member

Yeh they seem very good, especially for 6 quid a set delivered with 2 free water bottles. I also picked up a set of smart mini lights for 4 quid off Xbikes and although they don't fit as easily, they are a lot more powerful. Haven't had a chance to review them, but I have put these on the bike as spare flashers.

I need a decent headlight now though, the main smart ones I have just don't cut it in the lanes...

4. lb81

lb81 Senior Member

I have just binned my smart in favour of an LED Lenser P3 mini torch which i have just taped on to the smarts bracket. Smaller, MUCH brighter and you can get them for £10 pretty much everywhere on line. I have a matching head torch for when the dark evenings really set in!

5. OP
    OP
    guitarcarfanatic

guitarcarfanatic Member

What is it like for lighting up a path? I find a lot of lights (like my lunar) have a focused point.

6. lb81

lb81 Senior Member

Very good. You simply slide the end forward or back to adjust the focus from point to wide...

7. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

8. OP
    OP
    guitarcarfanatic

guitarcarfanatic Member

they seem like a bargain!

9. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

The newer style Knogs are a huge improvement on the older style that were given away with those high5 bottles. The old style are still great though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice