Product Review - Knog Frog Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I picked up some Knog Frog lights in the ProBikeUK sale and they came with free water bottles. The lights themselves are tiny and attach to a bike using a simple plastic hoop that wraps around. The build quality seems excellent and they have both constant and flashing modes. Ideal as a back up flasher to help with visibility. I have attached them to my helmet and they seem pretty good!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I borrowed a pair off a friend to try as helmet lights last week, inspired by the PBK offer :smile: I thought they were pretty good too although theyre very easy to turn on by accident as seems to happen when I put the helmet in my saddlebag.

It seems Knog have released the "Frog Strobe" as a sort of replacement, which seems to be the same thing but 25 lumens rather than 10 in the normal frog and a couple of additional flashing patterns from about £7.50 each. Im quite tempted to get a pair as helmet lights since i liked the normal Frogs :smile:

Yeh they seem very good, especially for 6 quid a set delivered with 2 free water bottles. I also picked up a set of smart mini lights for 4 quid off Xbikes and although they don't fit as easily, they are a lot more powerful. Haven't had a chance to review them, but I have put these on the bike as spare flashers.

I need a decent headlight now though, the main smart ones I have just don't cut it in the lanes...

lb81

I need a decent headlight now though, the main smart ones I have just don't cut it in the lanes...

I have just binned my smart in favour of an LED Lenser P3 mini torch which i have just taped on to the smarts bracket. Smaller, MUCH brighter and you can get them for £10 pretty much everywhere on line. I have a matching head torch for when the dark evenings really set in!

I have just binned my smart in favour of an LED Lenser P3 mini torch which i have just taped on to the smarts bracket. Smaller, MUCH brighter and you can get them for £10 pretty much everywhere on line. I have a matching head torch for when the dark evenings really set in!

What is it like for lighting up a path? I find a lot of lights (like my lunar) have a focused point.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been using these as backups at about £1-£1.50 each delivered: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Colours...isure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item2573d60cea

$T2eC16Z,!w0E9szNZtbeBQGkJGKhDg~~60_12.JPG

They seem to work OK and have used them all winter as a backup/additional light.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The newer style Knogs are a huge improvement on the older style that were given away with those high5 bottles. The old style are still great though.

Top Bottom