Professional CV Writing

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Thanks all I'll take the advice, this is all fairly new to me, as said it's not been required for the last 20+ years, it's quite a wrench, I wasn't expecting to have to do this, I thought I was here for the duration.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I wouldn't bother getting anyone to do it for you. Keep it concise, clear and for the love of all things Apple, check the flippin spelling.

I have found more important is a well written, tailored covering letter as to why you are applying for the role. Getting that right is the best way to get an interview with me.

Despite all the nonsense @Markymark usually writes his advice on a covering letter is spot on :tongue:

Your application needs to be tailored to the position and the covering letter is perfect for that. Otherwise you're just in the pile and hoping for the best. I've interviewed loads of applicants and a good covering letter catches the eye and it feels to the interviewer you've put some effort in, rather than just banging a CV out

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If you're already in senior management you'll be able to tell your own story better than anyone else. That's what a CV is - a story which tells someone why they want to talk to you. You'll also have contacts who are literate and trustworthy and be able to give you honest advice.

And if you're not on LinkedIn - why not?

LinkedIn in is an interesting topic. I specifically cancelled mine. When I want to know who I'm dealing with or something about their company I can usually identify fairly sensitive stuff by digging into their and their contacts' Linkedins.

I decided to cancel mine as, whilst I could control the content of my profile, I couldn't control the content of those that linked to me and that may disclose commercially sensitive connections

Top Bottom