'Project' bike almost completed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I while back I posted pics of an old bike that I had purchased, but wasn't sure what it started life as ?

picture.php

Whilst stripping it down I found the cable guide under the bottom bracket had Raleigh on, so I'm guessing it was an 80s raleigh, but still not sure what. Anyway it's been stripped down & powder coated & re-built with a few new bits, but many of the old bits were just cleaned up & fit back on.
Not quite finished yet, as I need a pair of wider bars on & the bar tape needs to be redone. Hope you all approve :smile:

picture.php

& a picture from today's York CC ride where it made it's first public appearance :wacko:

picture.php

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
PS thanks to the guys at Cottingham cycles who gave me the colour cordinated drinks bottle free of charge when i was there buying the brake cables. Excellent customer service & would recommend them to anyone in the surrounding area :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Wow, amazing ... logo on the tube too ... and where did you manage to find the orange pedals?

Well done Paul - looks really good ... cracking colour co-ordination. :smile:

Shaun

Founder
I've just looked closer at the frame ... do you have to be 7ft tall to ride it? :smile:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Admin said:
I've just looked closer at the frame ... do you have to be 7ft tall to ride it? :smile:
Not quite. I've got the saddle post as high as I can possibly manage it, but nearly had a couple of 'incidents' today so think it needs lowering an inch or so :wacko:

The pedals I had sat spare in the garage. Stonehenge cycles were flogging various team pedals off for a fiver a good while back & I bought some as spares cause they were cheap & I'm a Yorkshireman

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I like it:thumbsup::sad:
How did you do the stickers?

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I like it:thumbsup::smile:
How did you do the stickers?

Vinyl graphics that I had made up locally :smile: If you want some I'll give you the details, as all the artwork has been done & paid for :smile: so repeat orders will be cheaper

PS that's why the orange cable outers I had were the wrong colour :smile:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Soltydog said:
Vinyl graphics that I had made up locally ;) If you want some I'll give you the details, as all the artwork has been done & paid for :biggrin: so repeat orders will be cheaper

PS that's why the orange cable outers I had were the wrong colour xx(

When i saw it, i thought that was why the orange cable outer wasnt right.
Just not the right shade of orange for it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I can confirm, it's a lovely looking bike in the flesh. Very cool. I want one now...

In fact it would be cool if we all had CC bikes, but different sorts - hack, road, MTB, BMX, 'bent etc....:smile:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
In fact it would be cool if we all had CC bikes, but different sorts - hack, road, MTB, BMX, 'bent etc....:wahhey:

That would be cool & create a nice show stand :hyper:

I did look at my old mountain bike in the garage & thought maybe ?? but I only ride it out with Kim on the horse (3 times this year) so not worth the effort & money, cause I'd never use it for group rides :laugh:

If there's going to be a few Cycle Chat bikes, maybe we should change the logo colours to blue & yellow to save costs, because I couldn't find an orange tyre (700c) under £20 :hyper:

Top Bottom