Project McRide Questionnaire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
This form was created inside of Devonport High School for Boys.

School project? Certainly not official McDonalds. No google hits for Project McRide except this thread and a simular one on another forum.

LocalLad

This form was created inside of Devonport High School for Boys.

School project? Certainly not official McDonalds. No google hits for Project McRide except this thread and a simular one on another forum.

QED

One major flaw

At the end it asks if you want to submit another response and starts again

If someone had an agenda, multiple replies would easily skew the result in their favour

winjim

Smash the cistern
It could well be of course, that as part of the project the kids have contacted McD's and said "we like your burgers and we like bikes, do you mind if we do this as a project?"

McD's get to be helpful to the local community and get a bit of free market research.

I don't think it's a McDonald's endorsed project. Google McRide, and you get this thread and another similar one on another forum. McDonald's would either keep the project completely under wraps or have something about it online. But that doesn't make it sinister.

I love that the questions are all about "your local McDonalds" I only visit McDonald's on my bike when it is cold, dark and I am in search of something warm and dry. Oh, and a clean toilet. If I was at my local McDonalds, I go home for all that.

I love that if you go into a McDonald's in the middle of a carpark/retail park at 4am on a Sunday morning, no one cares that you bring your bike in. That's never going to be company policy, and if attention is drawn to it, it might become explicit company policy not to allow you to do so.

If they want to talk to people who cycle to their local McDonalds they need to talk to teenagers hanging around there after school ("Chunder chicks", as we used to call the girls that did that.)

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Sorry, but I haven't been to a McDonalds for over 20 years, and don't intend to start now.
I thought the questionnaire was disappointingly short. Is there a "supersize" option somewhere?

If I could Like this twice I would. As for McD, I just can't imagine EVER being that hungry.

OP
OP
Project McRide

Project McRide

I thank you all on your "Constructive Influence". We will strive here at Project McRide to make sure that all your voices are heard.
The questionnaire is now unavailable

Many thanks

Edward Berrow: Marketing Director for Project McRide

OP
OP
Project McRide

Project McRide

Indeed, I dont think we mind filling in good questionaires , as long as they are clear who and what they are for and about .
Yes, we are a school group. The thing that differentiates us from normal school groups is that we are, in December, producing our data and results to McDonalds based on what the cycling community wants for their local McDonalds

Edward

what the cycling community wants for their local McDonalds
Why "local McDonalds"? I go for rides of usually between 30 and 100km, though occasionally much longer. But the McDonald's I might stop at is never my local one. In fact, I think I have only ever stopped at a McDonalds after midnight on a ride over 300km. If you are going to suggest serving a special meal for cyclists containing an energy drink, then it ought to be targeted at cyclists going further afield than their local McDonalds - otherwise you are just contributing to obesity.

Top Bottom