Projects for 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2015 was all about sportives, the ICAM challenge, and bucket list efforts for me, and my health which wasn't great to begin with suffered accordingly.

2017 is going to be all about LEL, and I can't even begin to think about that at this stage.

For 2016 a change of pace is urgently required. I've not started working on the logistics of it yet but if I can get my ducks lined up in a row, a round-Europe bike tour is calling.

I have already acquired a very sturdy steel PlanetX road bike which i intend to turn into a full blown tourer. I've done JoGLE (B&B) and Brighton to Glasgow (camping) so multi-week tours are not out of my experience but both were a very long time ago and my horizons need broadening.

Last edited:

Mullerstraße

Über Member
This year I am planning on my second 'major' cycle tour. Last year I cycle from Glasgow to Berlin and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more. This year planning a more relaxed 6/7 nights cycling around Holland. Any tips on must see towns/cities most welcome.

db7db7

This year I am planning on my second 'major' cycle tour. Last year I cycle from Glasgow to Berlin and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more. This year planning a more relaxed 6/7 nights cycling around Holland. Any tips on must see towns/cities most welcome.
I cycled through Holland last year on my West Europe tour, absolute pleasure to cycle and the safest I've ever felt. Amazing cycling infrastructure.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont have any great plans for this years cycling. We bought a small cargo trailer last year for winter storage for some of our bikes. We are going to turn it into a 'Tramper' so we can sling our bikes in the back and travel round Denmark at the weekends and sleep in it at night. It will give us more opportunity to see more of Denmark and still ride.

We do intend to have a ride for 2 or 3 weeks but have not decided where yet.

The one hair brained idea I have is to design and make a float for my bike and pedal along Haderslev fjord. It is only 15 km but has never been done before. It should be a nice ride ^_^

image.jpg

stupug

Regular
The last bridge along the Tyne is the millennium bridge which has a cycle track across it. Apart from the King Edward VII bridge you can cycle them also there is a cyclist and pedestrian tunnel near the Tyne tunnel with cycle route through

The last bridge along the Tyne is the millennium bridge which has a cycle track across it. Apart from the King Edward VII bridge you can cycle them also there is a cyclist and pedestrian tunnel near the Tyne Tunnel with cycle route through
That is when the pedestrian tunnel is open, and as I understand, that is not in the foreseeable future. In the meantime, there is a slight problem with landslides on the railway between Prudhoe and as I understand it Branch End. Which curtails my planned route home.

Wolf616

Über Member
Having cycled in the Brecon Beacons last year I am going to step the mountains up a notch and do the Cairngorms and Pyrenees this year

Having cycled in the Brecon Beacons last year I am going to step the mountains up a notch and do the Cairngorms and Pyrenees this year
The Pyrenees are fantastic. I did them last year and am desperate to go back for more. What are your plans?

Wolf616

Über Member
The Pyrenees are fantastic. I did them last year and am desperate to go back for more. What are your plans?

Not 100% sure but a friend is organising a trip of some kind from Barcelona, so I'll tag along with that. Will be nice to tour without having to think for once!

Top Bottom