Projects Nealy Finished Carried Away lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billym0404

Projects Nealy Finished just little bits to do. i got a bit over excited and carried away. just have to get some test rides in now and decide what to do and what to keep. some will go at the build costs.

so we have a
KMX Tornado, bought new, had 20 inch front wheels fitted. 26 in electric Rear 250w, battery is a bit small only 9ah but still lasts a while. LCD display. been out a few times on it and it really likes the gravely paths i go on.

KMX cobra. bough second hand and has took a bit of sorting. ended up getting a lot of new parts. including chain and all the rear brake bits. its again LCD screen a 500w 26 inch rear. like all my displays the speed restriction can be set. its fitted to take a dolphin battery. been out once for a longer ride and it enjoyed thye gravel paths, but i had some gear and chain issues. so it got a new chain and 9 speed gear changer.

Performer. i bought this new and sadly got hammered with import duty. though it is smart looking i think. probably ended up being the most expensive, but still miles cheaper than an electric ice trike. its got a 700c 500w rear wheel. i made a change on it so it fitted with a dolphin battery in the middle. it really shifts a bit. been out once on the gravel and not as nice as the KMXs but ok. i also learned not to try and do a fast 180 with the throttle only lol.

TWbrent (or Ricky Recumbent lol) bit of trouble but got there, new combined front brake, rear disc also fitted. just a 250w 700c rear wheel with a 9 speed cog and a 52 on the front, and as its very light it should go well. not been out far yet.

Trice, again rear disc fitted and duel front. 15a rack battery and a 700c 500w rear wheel. only had a short run and it goes well. i find it quite a heavy trike but with 500w its not a problem.

all of them now have single front cranks, and lcd displays that can be restricted speed wise. t PAS settings and throttles. so i now need some test rides iron out any glitches if there are any and then see what i really like.

Attachments

• .jpeg
    .jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 67
  • P8290101.JPG
    P8290101.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 65
  • P8290098.JPG
    P8290098.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 64
  • P8290094.JPG
    P8290094.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 61
  • P8290096.JPG
    P8290096.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
B

billym0404

so anyway just a bit to add, lol. my wife has just asked how much ive spent. of coarse i had to fib a littl. so i worked it out.

ANYONE WANT TO BUY A RECUMBENT TRIKE LOL

OP
OP
B

billym0404

ive just had ricky out for the first test run, 10 miles and was quite impressed how nippy it was (easy exceeded the 15.5 limit) need a brake senor sorting, but apart from that nothing to report. i was quite impressed. also according to starva top speed 30.4 mph

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

billym0404

yes its fast, though the speedo on the trikes not great so i went of starva. theres a small steep hill and its got its own name on starva, last time i didnt make it up with 500w, was in 2 high a gear and lost traction. this time it got me again at the bottom. i fit guy on a cube mountain bike went past me as i was stuck. anyway i got of gave a little push, got the gears changed and got moving. full power back wheels spinning away i went. the guy on the cube got near the top and got of to push. he's looking back laughing at me. he stopped laughing when i made it all the way up. we had a good chat about electrics.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

well i did have 5 electric bikes, but down to 2 now. 2 electric bikes 2 bikes and 5 recumbent s so time to stop i thinks

OP
OP
B

billym0404

large garage. also do have 3 sheds lol

i would just like to say as well if anyone viewing likes the look of any of them, please fell free to contact me. the white KMX is on ebay and off coarse i can do i better deal direct. also the prices i would sell some for would be no more than the trike cost and parts bill. i didn't build to make money. like i say just contact me if your interested and for prices.

Top Bottom