Projects Nealy Finished Carried Away lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

billym0404

so rickys second run out. couple of tiny glitches yesterday so spent all of 5 minutes sorting them today. so i decided to have a power run lol. now bear in mind i'm not fit only started riding bikes again this summer. also very inexperienced on recumbent s only done about 80 miles. still have trouble with hills and gears lol. also our cycle paths are busy with gates and dogs and horses and people. so off i went and very impressed with ricky and myself. 13,6 miles 782ft climbs with one really bad m,mountain lol. my lcd speed o like the throttle only works up to 21mph so i use starva. wait for this top speed 38mph yes 38. my average on 13.6 miles was 15mph. not one issue and i'm rather chuffed. the best is i had to fit a rear brake, bought a clark and then used some left of bits of rack i had, now its bedded in care needs to be taken or it does handbrake turns lol.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

so just been out on my performer, just a short run as my necks playing up. even though my most expensive, i think the best looking. also its the fastest on the road. the down side probably because of the tires (slick) not the best on the track type roads a bit to fast and unstable compared to the others.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got the JCL-70. No rear brake but I might upgrade the fronts to hydraulic at some point.

Mine is standard apart from fitting a rack. Performer are quick and helpful if you need spares, I've just ordered a front wheel nut, USD5.50 posted and they were quick to reply to my emails and despatched the item straight away.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

there a little fema but ok. i looked at the JC70 but they were out of stock also i read that direct steering isn't as good. also being honest i new i was modifying it so just opted for the trike E and they did me a good deal on mudguards and rack. 500w 700c rear wheel, rear brake. twin front but ive just been given a joined pay of hydroponic that i may fit to the front. also removed the front derailleur and fitted a 48 or 50t single witch is best for electrics. i don't think there as good as the kmx on gravely tracks but on the road its really fast. i did send them a message about the back brake and separate fronts. but for £20 you can get a duel brake lever that does both front together much safer. what color did you get.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I got the white. Not having owned a 'bent before I can't say if direct steering is better or worse but I have had no problems with it. I found the 52/42/32 front rings too high so I swapped to 48/38/28 which I find much more usable out here in Wales. Knocking on a bit in years now so I may be tempted to go electric at some point in the future.

@mrandmrspoves is the other Performer owner here and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

OP
OP
B

billym0404

electrics the future lol. i have at the moment to KMXs a bent and a trice. i most admit the bent seems a good all rounder, have tested it with the new suspension. the KMXs are both direct and they seem to enjoy the gravely tracks more than the performer does. the bent is indirect and really good steering on it. but as i get some miles on them all i'll no better. but at the minute the bent does seem the all rounder unless ive destroyed it with suspension lol

OP
OP
B

billym0404

so also add i have family in wales and if i live where they lived on the side of a mountain i would have electric lol

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I got the white. Not having owned a 'bent before I can't say if direct steering is better or worse but I have had no problems with it. I found the 52/42/32 front rings too high so I swapped to 48/38/28 which I find much more usable out here in Wales. Knocking on a bit in years now so I may be tempted to go electric at some point in the future.

@mrandmrspoves is the other Performer owner here and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

I have the Trike E in Purple. I think direct or indirect steer is a personal choice rather than one being better. Direct is a bit more responsive and may be able to turn a tighter lock. Indirect is likely to reduce some of the road vibration which for me with gammy shoulders was the preferred choice. As a general observation of Performer trikes, I suspect that the direct steer models are more stable and brake better because the rider is nearer to the front wheels.
Funnily enough, I recently made a further set of mudguard brackets for someone (Performer ones are very brittle) and today I ordered some Aluminium sheet as the next ones I make will be much lighter.

Top Bottom