Prologue (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Good to see such clear skies and huge crowds in London. A win for Cancellera confirms his status in cycling at the moment. David Millar is not really 'on song' this year, let's hope he improves during the tour but somehow I think he is struggling a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
He has promised he is up for a stage win despite the prologue, so it will be worth watching to see if he goes with the breaks. Both him and Mark Cavendish will be well fired up tomorrow.

Great to see the size of the crowds.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Just a shame that we didn't get a UK winner :blush:. Wiggins in yellow for tomorrows stage would have done a lot for cycling in this country.

Whatever he rode all the ride he had in his legs - respect :rolleyes:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
But I couldn't see it...

I'm just annoyed that there wasn't even a highlights show on any of the terrestrial channels... yet they devoted a huge chunk of two whole channels to the enormous ego-fest that was Live Earth... pah! :blush:

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
That really is suprising FM, with such a huge crowd in London giving support you would think the TV stations would have some of it somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lefire

I too was a bit miffed by the lack of TV coverage. After all the hype of it coming to London and promoting cycling why didn't they only show 60 seconds on the news ?

gavintc

Guru
You would think that the TV channels would start to work out that 1 million plus people coming to watch indicates a level of interest in the sport to justify recognition and some decent air time. I was amused by a comment on Cycling News that the quantity of spectators on Stage 1 made stopping the peleton for pee quite difficult as there were people all along the route.

Top Bottom