Proof: 28 Days Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

For those who might be interested, there are several more documentaries about Mr Murphy and his colourful life.

Two of the best follow his travails through the independence strugle in Ireland and the later troubles errupting from same.

In one, he is shown dealing with the moral issues facing an Irish doctor whose brother is an IRA member. Quite shattering.

In another he appears to have some gender issues and becomes involved with what look to me, frankly, to be some quite unsavoury terrorist-related activity. Unusual, but moving and memorable.

I did not mention these documentaries in the OP, as they do not directly address the issue of helmet use on the highway.

I would like now to apologise for starting this thread. Some of the responses it elicited were far, far better than I could have wished for, but it was a naughty thing to do. I am deeply, deeply contrite.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Yes! So you saw it too? I was terrified. So glad I moved to the country. Is that really what London is like these days?
ah! This, perhaps, illustrates your inability to think these things through. London is the safest place in the UK to ride a bike

Davidc

Guru
ah! This, perhaps, illustrates your inability to think these things through. London is the safest place in the UK to ride a bike
and provided you know the rules one of the easiest too.

Whenever I'm in central London now I try* to hire a Barclays aka Boris Bike. No helmet, no cycling clothing, no hassle. Fastest way to get around the capital by far.

* Last time I couldn't find one near Paddington when I arrived so had to use the tube, and couldn't find a spare slot to put one back in nearer than 5 minutes walk to the station when I got back.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
and provided you know the rules one of the easiest too.

Whenever I'm in central London now I try* to hire a Barclays aka Boris Bike. No helmet, no cycling clothing, no hassle. Fastest way to get around the capital by far.

* Last time I couldn't find one near Paddington when I arrived so had to use the tube, and couldn't find a spare slot to put one back in nearer than 5 minutes walk to the station when I got back.
cue a thread...
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/barclays-bikes.104187/

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

So you watched a documentary, where somebody's hospitalised. There's signs of a head injury - but you're not sure what type or the cause. There's no confirmation it was anything to do with cycling.

And you think this makes it pretty clear "the injuries he suffered could have been avoided had be been wearing a helmet".

You're either trolling or a bit thick...

Sir,

It is abundantly clear from this post that you knew I was spoofing. I knew I hadn't taken you in for a moment, with my childish use of a well known film opening. There is nothing at all about the tone or content of this post which suggests you were taken in.

I was surprised therefore that you felt the need for the emergency spadework I'm pasting below:

Oh - I knew what he was doing (having seen 28 Days Later several times)... I was just pointing out the flaws in his logic.

Even using a fiction, he can't argue his point correctly. A bit like the muppets from BHIT.

My OP having been a spoof, there was no logic (intended or otherwise) in the content.

My OP having been a spoof, I had no point to argue.

Who on Earth has seen 28 Days Later several times?

I quite like the Muppets, but have no idea who the BHIT are.

I know I hadn't taken you in, but your protestations that this was the case may loosen the foundations of your case before an impartial jury.

Just saying...

Oh - I knew what he was doing (having seen 28 Days Later several times)... I was just pointing out the flaws in his logic.

Even using a fiction, he can't argue his point correctly. A bit like the muppets from BHIT.
Can I correct you there?

BHIT simply tells lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom