Proper Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
Damn sensible idea. This forum is over run with wimps unable to manage going up 1 in 4 hills at anything over forty mph. When we used to deliver the Hovis we had to work for a living, and that were on proper bikes made from good solid gas pipe.
Erm..... the hill you're *supposed* to deliver Hovis up is only 1 in 6.....
http://road.cc/content/blog/59204-hell-hovis-hill

KneesUp

Guru
My bike is an old Peugeot that would have been flung in a skip in the 1990s, but I bought it off eBay for £500 because it has a Brookes saddle, brown bar tape and only one brake - and is now a fixie. Although it doesn't meet the cost criteria I was hoping I could be allowed into the forum on a value-for-money basis. If it helps my application I can also reveal I have a beard.

OP has a point. I too take cycling seriously. I respect that others do it less seriously and wish them well. A separate forum section with some clear graphics would send a clear message to prospective posters what the right tempo and tone should be. For the graphics a beach scene with a grove of swaying coconut trees with an open bar lined with pina coladas would be great.

Can we also have an Irreverent forum, the serious one could be a sub-forum inside it, I think that would send out all the right messages then. Put SC&P in too and helmets.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
What if you qualify but you're one of these johnny come lately's who's come over from golf as cycling is the new golf?
If you were playing to a single figure handicap then you'll be ok, otherwise you're an oik and should be ashamed of yourself.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I am completely with you. Unless you have your front rack installed, so packing four panniers all of which are 15% over their rated load, your trailer is a quivering mass of bungee-corded furniture, Blue Circle cement bags and crying children, and you only ever get into 3rd on the winching chainring...it's just not Proper Cycling.

Top Bottom