Proposed Bike Park, Northampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Where's the money from? I hope it's sport not transport funding.
It says in the article :
Funding must be applied for by the council to British Cycling by January 2021, so people's views on the move are being sought.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's definitely by Brackmills from what I read

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

It's definitely by Brackmills from what I read
Yep. Just after Brackmills, as you go up the dual carriageway towards the Queen Eleanor, it's in the woodlands on the left.
There had been an unofficial jump park there until the local nimbys got it bulldozed.

Drago

Legendary Member
Update on this, including a map of the proposed layout.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/...ark-on-former-northampton-golf-course-3494267

I know the area well having worked at the Criminal Justice Centre (the building on the left edge of the industial estate) for a few years. Looks like the park will be a fair size, and should be fun for the coppers that cycle to work.

Indeed, I could hit a bridleway on the edge of the village less than 100 metres from home and not touch tarmac - other than to cross roads - until I reached this new park, so wou,d make for a nice circular ride for me.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Good news! Just think, all the whingers from Hardingstone who got the 'unofficial' jump & trails area closed down caused this one to be built.

A lot of lads and lasses still meet on Sunday mornings for a thrash around. You can park at the back of the golf club car park or ride sown from Queen Eleanor Cross for access.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not even "in" Hardingstone, so I'm not sure what they were whinging about. The way its been swallowed by Northampton you'd think theyd be keen to support anything that means the land won't be used for yet more densely packed housing.

LJR69

Looks like this is very close to opening!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I might pop round there for a looksee this morning. Access & parking is supposed to be in the golf club car park, i think.

LJR69

I might pop round there for a looksee this morning. Access & parking is supposed to be in the golf club car park, i think.

Let us know what it’s looking like. I don’t live near Northampton but have family there, and travel to bike parks all the time.

Pics would be good!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

DSC_1281.JPG

DSC_1278.JPG

DSC_1277.JPG

DSC_1280.JPG

DSC_1282.JPG

DSC_1283.JPG

I rode down from Eleanor's Cross though the present unofficial jump park to check out the new Bike Park...
Well, there's a lot been done but much to finish, too!
Once it's finished it's going to be a blast to ride. Parking will be in the old golf club (off the Brackmills junction of A45, it's 100 yard ride through a tunnel under the dual carriageway. (There's no parking available on the industrial estate)

LJR69

Thanks for taking those photos! Yeah, more to be done than I thought!

Is there much of a gradient there? Do you know whether they’ve got a proposed trail map?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Thanks for taking those photos! Yeah, more to be done than I thought!

Is there much of a gradient there? Do you know whether they’ve got a proposed trail map?

No probs. You spurred me onto checking out the progress! Thanks 😊
I've not been able to find a proper trail map yet but there's some steepish downhill runs. I couldn't get full access but did get through a hole in the fence to see what I could see..
I'll ask a friend who is slightly involved with the project when it might open.

Screenshot_20220710-113216~2.png

Here's a link to the Gov site

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Apparently, it's a month ish until it opens. Basically, as a mate tells me, it's push/ride to the top then the runs are graded.
Rinse & repeat..

Top Bottom