Proposed plans for Italian cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Be no cyclist deaths if no one's cycling on the road.

Problem solved

Drago

Legendary Member
It'll never happen. It's absurd that they're even thinking about it when so many other things cause more deaths. But it's the job of politicians do be absurd so this surprises me not.

lightning and stampeding cattle kill more people in the UK than cyclists manage to and I doubt things are much different over there, yet ai don't see any madcap proposals to force pedestrians to wear lightning conductors.

Then there's the glaring reality that number relates and indicators don't stop car drivers from slaughtering people.

Great way of stopping cars killing cyclists!!!

Just waiting for the Mail to start a campaign for the UK for follow suit
certainly a good way to stop cyclists going through red lights all the time - as we all know that we do
even sitting here on my sofa I am going through a red light!!!!

Jameshow

Veteran
Yet Italian drivers are known to be the worst in Europe!!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
They go to buy their 4 year old a bike. That’ll be another € 200 for insurance, and € 50 for plates plus another € 50 for fitting. Oh and you can’t collect it till registered with plates, an extra € 50 for the registration process. Oh you want bikes for another couple of your kids? Let’s call that €1100 plus cost of bike itself. Sorry insurance only covers one child, you’ll have to add other kids as named riders. That’ll be an extra € 50 admin fee.

Last edited:

a.twiddler

Veteran
No doubt the Italian electoral system is as baffling to an outsider as ours is. When someone comes up with a wheeze such as started this thread, it's usually because someone has run out of ideas. Italy has apparently got its first far right government since 1945 so we might expect some demonising of minorities. There have been 69 governments in Italy since then, according to Wikipedia, with an average lifespan of 1.11 years. I think cyclists are the least of Italy's problems at the moment. I wouldn't worry about it unduly. They'll probably be gone before they can implement it, let alone be in power long enough to find it's unworkable.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No doubt the Italian electoral system is as baffling to an outsider as ours is. When someone comes up with a wheeze such as started this thread, it's usually because someone has run out of ideas. Italy has apparently got its first far right government since 1945 so we might expect some demonising of minorities. There have been 69 governments in Italy since then, according to Wikipedia, with an average lifespan of 1.11 years. I think cyclists are the least of Italy's problems at the moment. I wouldn't worry about it unduly. They'll probably be gone before they can implement it, let alone be in power long enough to find it's unworkable.
I was brought up in Italy: can second that! :laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Well it sounds like another bone being thrown for some members of society to chew on. When they realise the cost of maintaining the records and administration of such measures it'll make less sense even to those with little of it...

Top Bottom