Pro's and Con's - turbo or rollers ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
peter_liver

peter_liver

Something like this !!!!!.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-23-19-06-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-23-19-06-37.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 58

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another one for buying a turbo and putting your own bike on it. There are plenty of training videos on youtube, and you can watch your favourate shows or listen to music. They are great if the weather is awful.

OP
OP
peter_liver

peter_liver

That's a spin bike - - I promise you that's nothing like a simulation of a road/race bike.

I thought it was not going to be that easy... I'm think of a turbo trainer and putting my winter bike on it in the summer and my summer bike on it in the winter. Or in practice does it not work jumping from one bike to another on virtually a daily basis as the weather is so unpredictable in the UK.

e-rider

crappy member
As I'm new to cycling and getting more and more frustrated with the English weather I'm contemplating a trainer but know nothing about them . would much appreciate your advice.
Turbo's are painfully boring. Rollers are slightly less boring but still boring. You will need insane motivation levels to ride either throughout an entire British winter!

e-rider

crappy member
I only have an excercise bike as my wife likes to use it also.
It certainly helps over the winter (which seemed to last 11 months this year).
I am thinking of getting a turbo as it will help my nether regions to stay in tune with the saddle & bike in general.
Pros.......keeps you bike fit over the 'orrible weather.
Cons........It does get boring. I put mine facing up the avenue & put some decent music on but can only manage 45 minutes before becoming brain dead.
yes 45-60 mins is a very long time sat on a Turbo trainer, and not something you will continue with for long unless you are being paid to do it. Alex Dowsett does 8 hours sessions (3 DVDs) but he is getting paid to do it.

OP
OP
peter_liver

peter_liver

Turbo's are painfully boring. Rollers are slightly less boring but still boring. You will need insane motivation levels to ride either throughout an entire British winter!
Came off 11 day's ago at about 20mph ,it was late at night dark and I think I was just not concentrating an before I knew it I was sliding down the road in just my Lycra for protection ;( . skin now healing on all the sticky-out bits knees,elbows, hip's etc and 2 fractured ribs. Been on the turbo for a week now . would be lost without TV recorder #soborring ;) .

Top Bottom