ProTour Pundit 2016 *no spoilers please*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
**New players most welcome - feel free to join in and ask anything that I have not explained well enough to understand**

Roolz are similar to what we ended up with last year (maybe with some additional randomness thrown in which will be announced prior to any race)

Teh Roolz

Predictions to be submitted via this thread before the stage/race starts - some leeway will be given on occasions, but not when decisive moves have been made and deffo not 2 miles before the end of the stage/race ;)
Three riders prediction per stage/race.
One rider prediction for any of the "jerseys" for multi-stage races - I'll announce the "jersey" competitions prior to multi-stage races.
Points will be awarded for 1st-5th for each stage/race as well as for overall picks - I'll announce the scores for each race as they approach and will throw in a few double points stages/races.
No penalties for not making a prediction in any race.
Points will be collated and published as soon after races/stages as I can.

There is no overall league so players can join in as they want - I might have an overall "Spring Classics/Semi-Classics/Other Single Day Races in Spring" table but that will depend how busy I am; I am unlikely to be busy as I lead a shite life...

There are no prizes.

And please no spoilers, keep those for the race chat threads.

I had been considering throwing in some less well-known events but the pre-event internet coverage might not be great so decided to keep it "mainstream". There are also a few events which clash so I have made a call on which ones to go with, but happy to be flexible if the consensus is that another event takes precedence. I have also included Female events where I can.

The Races I plan to include are:
January
19th - 24th Tour Down Under
February
3rd - 6th Dubai Tour
8th - 12th Tour of Qatar
17th - 22nd Tour of Oman
27th Oomlop Het Nieuwsblad Male and Female
28th Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne
March
5th Strade Bianche
6th - 13th Paris-Nice
19th Milan-San Remo
25th E3 Harelbeke
27th Gent-Wevelgem Male and Female
April
3rd Flanders Male and Female
4th - 9th Pais Vasco
10th Paris-Roubaix
17th Amstel Gold
20th Fleche Wallone Male and Female
24th LBL
26th - 1st May Tour of Romandie
May
6th - 29th Giro d'Italia
June
5th - 12th Dauphine
July
2nd - 24th Tour de France
24th La Course Feminine
30th London GP Female
31st Ride London Classic <snigger>
August
6th, 7th, 10th The 'lympics road events
11th - 16th The 'lympics track events - 10 events being competed, not sure whether to include all or select events so open to comment and persuasion either way
20th - 11th September LaVuelta
September
20th August - 11th La Vuelta
(I may include 6th - 13th Tour of Britain but that would be a cross-over with the Vuelta so if someone else wants to volunteer...)
19th - 25th Eneco Tour
October
1st Il Lombardia
9th - 16th Worlds

Hopefully I have all the dates correct, if not just let me know. And if there are any female events that run alongside male events or which do not clash with other events please let me know.

So, as Delia Smith would say, "Let's be 'avin' ye".

Last edited:
looks like your gonna be busy , im looking forward to this ,

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
First up on the 2016 Punditry is the Santos Tour Down Under, all teams with one exception have declared their starting riders so Punditry is open for business. Starts on 19th January with 6 stages.

Here is the awful official site:
http://tourdownunder.com.au/en

A slightly easier guide to starters can be found here:
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=163240&c=3

The Jersey competitions will be scored as follows, one selection per competition:
GC: 15, 12, 10, 7, 5
Mountains: 12, 10, 7, 5, 3
Sprint: 12, 10, 7, 5, 3

3 selections per stage, with each stage being scored 12, 10, 7, 5, 3
And I'm going to throw in a double points stage - stage 4.

All players old and new most welcome.

I'll kick off:
GC - Porte
Mountains - Bobridge
Sprint - Ewan

Stage 1 - Bobridge, Blythe, Rowe

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Here's all our Down Under starters
CYrXyzgWsAEbgju.png:large

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
TdU
Overall: Thomas, Ulissi, Dennis
KoM: Henao, Meintjes, Arredondo
Sprints: Ewen, Swift, Nizzolo

Stage I:
Bobridge tries and fails to repeat his solo breakaway, Ewan takes Swift and Nizzolo for the bunch sprint, a pattern which will repeat itself on Stage 4.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
TdU
Overall: Thomas, Ulissi, Dennis
KoM: Henao, Meintjes, Arredondo
Sprints: Ewen, Swift, Nizzolo

Stage I:
Bobridge tries and fails to repeat his solo breakaway, Ewan takes Swift and Nizzolo for the bunch sprint, a pattern which will repeat itself on Stage 4.
Welcome aboard.

You only need one selection for the jerseys, three picks reserved for the stages. Let me know if which riders you want to go with, if you don't get back due to not visiting the site before it starts then I'll stick you down for your first named riders - Thomas, Hanao, and Ewen

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Welcome aboard.

You only need one selection for the jerseys, three picks reserved for the stages. Let me know if which riders you want to go with, if you don't get back due to not visiting the site before it starts then I'll stick you down for your first named riders - Thomas, Hanao, and Ewen

Thanks, that's fin by me. I'll continue to make extra predictions for places whenever I feel like it; I'm in this for sh:ts and giggles not points. :smile:

Although, having said that, why don't we adjust the rules to include three picks for the overall at least. It's not as if many people have contributed yet this year and the Top Three overall (i.e. the podium) are all pretty signicant.

Top Bottom