ProTour Punditry Predictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i'm in - whats the rules

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's all pretty straightforward but I've just put off doing it while it's been something that's vaguely happening in the future... and now the future is suddenly here. Anyway, eight days until the TDU starts, so plenty of time yet...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Actually, the time-consuming bit is not the rules per se but working out which races in the calendar to include. Everything on the WorldTour is in, then it needs fleshing out with some continental races - but not too many, so some biggish races will be left out...

I also want to mix it up a bit by making the spectrum as wide as possible, and that means including some Africa Tour races, but I don't know the first thing about any of them. Prime candidate would appear to be the Tropicale Amissa Bongo (which sounds more like a fruit-based soft drink than a bike race) but that starts tomorrow so it's a bit late. Anyone got any other suggestions for African races to include?

I'm also going to include some women's races. :evil:

I reckon not logging a prediction for every race won't necessarily be a handicap - we'll all have holidays and the like over the course of the year that will make it inconvenient/impossible to make predictions for some races - but if the league start to look too skewed, maybe I'll introduce some kind of averaging or best results system.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
:sad:
even
Matt Goss is better than me
Yes -

He is a great -

Singest.

The Couch

Über Member
I also want to ... including some Africa Tour races, but I don't know the first thing about any of them. Prime candidate would appear to be the Tropicale Amissa Bongo ... Anyone got any other suggestions for African races to include?

I'm also going to include some women's races. :evil:
African races :eek:... sounds something for @Flying_Monkey :smile:... Now of course, it's up to you, but perhaps don't take it too far.
There are also "lesser" races - but closer by - where it would already be challenging (read close to impossible) to predict the winner.
Off the top of my head: Tour of Austria, Etoile de Besseges, Tour de Langkawi, Roma Maxima, GP Samyn, Nokere koerse, Tour de Castilia y Leon, GP Stad Zottegem, Tour de Pologne,... and it goes on for ever of course

But again, it's up to you (just perhaps take races that use a website, so at least we know who's on the starting list ^_^)

+1 for women (although I'll probably stick the whole season with Marianne Vos :smile:)

Top Bottom