Prove who you are....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think mine (also NHS Scot) also do that scheme with pharmacists. I’ve been reluctant to sign up cos I tend to go to different chemists shops - but I guess it makes things easier.

My pharmacist, Boots in Newcastle, offer to order my repeat prescriptions for me. So there's a similar system in England - might only be via Boots though. I do it myself - online - but I'm sure it's useful for people who might forget otherwise.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Must be a Scottish thing.
We do online prescription ordering, thankfully no photo ID needed.
Dr's surgery just register you and give you a changeable pass word.

Sounds like GDPR officious jobbies

Mr Celine

Discordian
My GPs surgery has changed the way they do repeat prescriptions. As well as by phone, or in person, we could previously do it via a form on the website.

I've just phoned up for a repeat prescription and been told from next month I'll have to order it online or in person. I got to about the third page of the signing up form before it mentions having to produce a photo driving licence or a passport. I don't have the former and CBA digging out the latter. The surgery is just round the corner from my office, I could do with the excercise anyway.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There are two scenes in The Two Popes where the Pope is trying to order a rail ticket i think over the phone.It goes like this.
Hello yes i wish to order a ticket
Name
Bergoglio Jorge
Yes like the Pope
Address
Vatican City
Yes very funny
Then the phone goes dead.
I am not going to give you my name and address but that scenario happened to me several times due some unfortunate tv programmes. Both my name and address were well known. I was a fairly important customer in some cases which caused the doubting person answering the phone some embarrassment eventually.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had all this, and was keen to do my prescriptions on-line, but didn't get time to take the correct ID in. I filled in Lloyds' ECHO regstration, and it went through, and my GP has issued them to ECHO, so I'm getting prescriptions posted now. It's sort of working as I'd thought I haden't filled it in properly, then one prescription went 'missing' - it was with Echo, not my local pharmacy. Logged in and it's been set up. So I've sorted out the other prescriptio, and that's now sorted, but I still can't get it as there are national shortges.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
In a past life I had to verify the identity of service users using photo id . All very well, but some punters lived out in the country, and were able to send the completed forms and documents in by post. in which case... photo's were still required.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I get quite peeved when an organisation telephones me and asks me to prove who I am.
No, thanks. You prove who you are first!

presta

Guru
The real question is why do we have to go through this monthly ritual at all. Ordering prescriptions that the NHS already know we need, FFS? In this day & age we should be walking into the pharmacy, waving a plastic card, and collecting the meds.

Drago

Legendary Member
NHS Scotland never asked me for any id when dispensing my intravenous liquid fish batter, required to combat my dangerously low (by the standards of Scotland) cholestrol levels.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The real question is why do we have to go through this monthly ritual at all. Ordering prescriptions that the NHS already know we need, FFS? In this day & age we should be walking into the pharmacy, waving a plastic card, and collecting the meds.
Very true. Recently, Mrs @BoldonLad ran the gauntlet of requesting a (repeat) prescription and collecting the medication from Pharmacy next door to Surgery. She was impressed that it “only” took 48 hours. I pointed out that Amazon regularly deliver with 24 hours!

Jimidh

Veteran
Makes sense to me. If they don’t verify your identity from an official document and then give someone else access to your medication history then they are in serious brown stuff.

As a pharmacy owner we have had to tighten up on this stuff. For instance is say Mrs Smith came in to pick up her prescription we used to say there is one here for Mr Smith here too. Now we can't do that. We can hand it over if she comes in and asks for it but we can’t let her know he has one otherwise.

presta

Guru
Very true. Recently, Mrs @BoldonLad ran the gauntlet of requesting a (repeat) prescription and collecting the medication from Pharmacy next door to Surgery. She was impressed that it “only” took 48 hours. I pointed out that Amazon regularly deliver with 24 hours!
My surgery will email your prescription to the pharmacy so that you don't have to go and collect it. I cancelled mine and went back to paper, because I got fed up of turning up at the pharmacy to find it hadn't been sent through.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
My surgery will email your prescription to the pharmacy so that you don't have to go and collect it. I cancelled mine and went back to paper, because I got fed up of turning up at the pharmacy to find it hadn't been sent through.
Yes, I assume it is emailed. Our surgery is now changing to a system where you ring the pharmacy and request your prescription, they interact with surgery, and msg you when ready to collect, or, you can, optionally, have it delivered. It remains to be seen how this works out. Always busy line to pharmacy, and, increased carbon footprint from deliveries is my prediction. In my working life, I often did work for NHS, a pathetically inept and inefficient organisation, in my experience.

Top Bottom