Prudential ride London 2018..advice needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
  • Your best option to do this (ride to the start) is to find accommodation near one of the designated drop offs or car parks. - because they have nice friendly sign posts all the way to the start.
  • If you decide to stay just outside of London and drive in, beware - the roads get closed at 6am (check the booklet for actual times) The roads closing is a frikkin nightmare. You think that because you are doing the ride you can actually get to the ride, but you can't.
I would modify these two slightly:
  • Your best option to ride to the start is to find accommodation where you can see a reasonably good route that doesn't try to cross the course to near one of the designated drop offs or car parks or CS2 - because they have nice friendly sign posts all the way to the start.
  • If you decide to stay just outside of London and drive in, just avoid central and South-West London (basically the whole route) completely and drive into your prebooked car park along the shortest open route from the North Circular. Even then, allow loads of extra time because the remaining open roads will be stuffed.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
It's a lot of hassle but worth it - I should say.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Of course the other PITA is finding your way back to your car and then trying to escape London.

Top Bottom