Pub quiz questions 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

a 10p and a 1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle
The hair of a polar bear is transparent. (And hollow/tubular)

OK I'm biting. So if it's skin is black and it's hair is transparent, why do they look white/ yellow?

The majority of the sun shines through their fur and is absorbed by their skin; but, a small proportion of the sun light is reflected/ refracted from the fur (there is a small proportion of refraction as well due to the transparent hollow hairs). The reflected/ refracted sun light makes them look white/ off white/ cream.

Female Olympic competitors have to comply with a 'sex test' to ensure they really are female and not men-in-drag or sex-change competitors entering the women's events and gaining unfair advantage
- physical exam
- testosterone level test
- XX chromasome test

Only one competitor has been exempted - who she ?

mr_hippo said:
I am holding two current British coins in my hand, they add up to 11p, one is not a 10p. Which two coins are they?

3 x 2p plus 1 x 5p, or
6 x 1p plus 1 x 5p, or
2 x 5p plus 1 x 1p, or
5 x 2p plus 1 x 1p, or
4 x 2p plus 3 x 1p, or
3 x 2p plus 5 x 1p, or
2 x 2p plus 7 x 1p, or
1 x 2p plus 9 x 1p

You said two coins, not how many of each.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
andy_wrx said:
Female Olympic competitors have to comply with a 'sex test' to ensure they really are female and not men-in-drag or sex-change competitors entering the women's events and gaining unfair advantage
- physical exam
- XX chromasome test

HRH the Princess Royal

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
andy_wrx said:
- physical exam
- XX chromasome test

Linford Christie.

Top Bottom