Public Transport Costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train

<adopts Northern casualness>

Ah, it's not so bad, it's still 70cm short of the worst ever....

(Mind, they reckon it'll peak about midnight, so it's still going up)

Made our job interesting this morning, since today's the day we pick up from some riverside properties....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
<adopts Northern casualness>

Ah, it's not so bad, it's still 70cm short of the worst ever....

(Mind, they reckon it'll peak about midnight, so it's still going up)

Made our job interesting this morning, since today's the day we pick up from some riverside properties....

Did you just wait downstream with a big net?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I reckon, if that no entry sign goes completely under, we'll get excited....

(I dropped down to to see how it had come up on my way home, and there were a lot of sight seers, and we were all having the same conversation along the lines of "It's high innit?" "Yeah, not as high as 2001 though" "Nah." "But it's still rising..." "yeah"....)

If anyone has ever read The Kraken Wakes, the passage describing the Thames coming up and overtopping the Embankment wall on two successive tides, is a perfect description of the mix of fear and excitement people feel.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Did you just wait downstream with a big net?

^_^

As a matter of fact, we only had to miss out one property that regularly recycles, and we did actually look along to see if they'd out any out. They hadn't, mainly because the doorstep they normally leave it on was 2 feet under. We did pick up from a house on the very edge of the water. By the time I went to look at 2ish, 3 hours later, their door was sandbagged with the water lapping at it.

Top Bottom