Puerto Pollensa. Cycling routes wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Heading out for a weeks cycling and looking for routes.
Looking for 40ish milers +/- a bit.
Loops included would be nice but not critical.
I am not into BIG HILL rides although I expect some hilly sections.
@172traindriver has helped me with one from Puerto Pollensa > Alcudia > sa Pablo (spelling?) and One I want to do is Cap Formentor but think that is only 20 return.

When I google it most rides are 60 miles plus which is too much for me as I am planning stop/start/sightseeing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you searched on Strava or Ride with GPS?

This looks like a decent blog with ideas too
https://www.sportivecyclist.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-road-cycling-around-puerto-pollensa-majorca/

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you searched on Strava or Ride with GPS?

This looks like a decent blog with ideas too
https://www.sportivecyclist.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-road-cycling-around-puerto-pollensa-majorca/
Thanks.
I am not on strava so never thought of it.
I havent opened your link but will do so shortly. I assume I can follow it like a normal map ???
Edit.
Just opened the link. I actually saw & read this while researching. Its very good isn't it.
He lists the 2 I mentioned plus an inland one of 60 Kl which I can easily pad out. That one looks good and about my level.
The others are 100 Kl plus or big climbs.

Last edited:

boydj

Legendary Member
If you can find the Pro Cycle Hire shop on the south side of the town, they do a map with several routes marked out on it. The great thing about this map is that it is rubberised and won't turn to mush in a sweaty rear pocket. Most of the hotels will also give you info on routes as well.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you can find the Pro Cycle Hire shop on the south side of the town, they do a map with several routes marked out on it. The great thing about this map is that it is rubberised and won't turn to mush in a sweaty*** rear pocket. Most of the hotels will also give you info on routes as well.
Thanks.
I have contacted the place we are hiring from, 2go cycling and asked them what they can provide. but failing that I know Pro Cycle. I actually tried to hire from them but we wanted flat bar hybrid types for this trip and they only do top end road bikes.
***and I will have you know, I do not sweat. I simply perspire :angel:

Heading out for a weeks cycling and looking for routes.
Looking for 40ish milers +/- a bit.
Loops included would be nice but not critical.
I am not into BIG HILL rides although I expect some hilly sections.
@172traindriver has helped me with one from Puerto Pollensa > Alcudia > sa Pablo (spelling?) and One I want to do is Cap Formentor but think that is only 20 return.

When I google it most rides are 60 miles plus which is too much for me as I am planning stop/start/sightseeing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

The Cap Formentor route may be only 20 miles but it has a fair bit of climbing, some of it pretty steep.

I'm going to Pollensa in a couple of weeks but it's a family holiday so I'll just hire an mtb for a morning's pootling.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Cap Formentor route may be only 20 miles but it has a fair bit of climbing, some of it pretty steep.

I'm going to Pollensa in a couple of weeks but it's a family holiday so I'll just hire an mtb for a morning's pootling.
Yes, i read that its a fair old climb. I think the bike has a triple but either way I dont mind admitting defeat on the steep parts and walķing.
I was there with my wife in June and like you I hired a cheap bike for a couple of mornings.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't hire a cheap bike, splash out and hire a good road bike and go and ride some of the best roads in Europe. When else will you be able to do that?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Don't hire a cheap bike, splash out and hire a good road bike and go and ride some of the best roads in Europe. When else will you be able to do that?
Its not exactly cheap. Its a lightweight(ish) Stevens Strada which, I read, really shifts. Its fine for the type of cycling I plan.

Top Bottom