Puerto Pollensa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I’m going to Mallorca in May for cycling. I’m staying in Puerto Pollensa. Can anyone recommend any good cycle hire places for a carbon road bike?

Thanks in advance

J

vickster

Legendary Member
These guys get good reviews
https://www.pollensacycling.com/

https://www.mallorcabikehire.com/bikes/

Google will give other options too

Like if you fancy a Pinarello
https://www.pinarelloexperience.com/

MichaelO

Veteran
I used RentMarch when there 18 months ago. Quite average, and others have had problems with them - I'd go for one of the other suggested hire shops if I was you. I'd certainly look elsewhere the next time I go!

boydj

Legendary Member
I used RentMarch when there 18 months ago. Quite average, and others have had problems with them - I'd go for one of the other suggested hire shops if I was you. I'd certainly look elsewhere the next time I go!

I had a Trek Emonda with Campag Chorus equipment from Rent March last year. No problems with the bike (very impressed with it in fact) or with the shop - found them very helpful when picking up the bike, swapping in my own pedals, sorting the saddle height and even swapping in a longer stem. I ended up at Rent March because availability at the cheaper end was becoming a problem when booking at this time of the year for a May trip and I don't regret it.

Pro Cycle Hire are also good and they sell a really good map which is waterproof and highlights some of the popular cycling routes.

Had a bike with Pinarello Experience last year but the gears kept sticking even after I took it back to the shop. The handlebars were "bent" up too much but I fixed those myself. For the price I was paying, I would have expected better. And to be honest, I couldn`t tell the difference between the Ultegra on it and the Tiagra on my Cannondale (although that`s not Pinarello Experience`s fault).

However, I would recommend Mallorca Cycle shuttle and their Sa Calobra express. They drop you off early just at the Ma10 so you can ride down to the village without having to worry about buses and you`ll be out before the urban warriors who think it`s "hard" to ride past you at ridiculous speed.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had a Trek Emonda with Campag Chorus equipment from Rent March last year. No problems with the bike (very impressed with it in fact) or with the shop - found them very helpful when picking up the bike, swapping in my own pedals, sorting the saddle height and even swapping in a longer stem. I ended up at Rent March because availability at the cheaper end was becoming a problem when booking at this time of the year for a May trip and I don't regret it.

Pro Cycle Hire are also good and they sell a really good map which is waterproof and highlights some of the popular cycling routes.

You can get the map for free from tourist offices.

boydj

Legendary Member
You can get the map for free from tourist offices.

The map I got from the tourist office disintegrated after the first rain shower and was already falling apart from sweat. The Pro Cycle Hire map is rubberised and will last for years.

MichaelO

Veteran
We were there in October, and the bikes certainly looked as though they had been in use since Spring! Quite huffy when I went back on day two to sort out the flat di2 battery - apparently, that was my fault!

@Sunny Portrush - agree on the Mallorca Cycle shuttle - I used that to get to Andratx early one morning, and rode back - fantastic - well worth it.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
The two ladies that run my Tri Club they spend 3 months in Pollensa each year! I was hoping to go this week but I have too much other expenses. I will save and go next year, the tri training possibilities there are incredible

nickAKA

Über Member
Hi Guys

I've decided to go with these guys:

https://www.pinarelloexperience.com/

And I've decided to hire this bike:

https://www.pinarelloexperience.com/pinarello-gan-ultegra-105-bike-hire

I emailed the company and asked them what size would be best for me - 46 or a 49 (I'm 166cm) - he has said that a 46 would give me a more race position whereby a 49 would give me a more relaxed position.

What do you guys think?

You'll spend more time on the hoods than you will in the drops so it's a question of whether you'll feel more comfortable sitting more upright (smaller) or stretched out (bigger). If you've got long thigh bones (relatively speaking) the larger size would reduce the chances of catching the bars with your knees on a 'big effort leaning into an incline'.
So all that considered, personally, I'd go larger...

Top Bottom