Pulling my tooth out argggg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again and hope you're all well..
You may of read an earlier post that i posted about my mini tour around Wales. It was great to be able to escape the throws of work and escape into the countryside of our great nation for a few days. The roads were unusually quiet and the scenery and dramatic views of Wales were beautiful as i rolled by on my bike.
Unfortunately there was a slight fly in the ointment to spoil things though.
The dreaded toothache had struck and was getting worse by the day. Clove oil was having little affect and it was really starting to annoy me. By Wednesday it came to a head. After a rotten day of wet weather and the relentless nagging from my tooth i decided to pull it out. I was hell bent on not cutting my precious holiday ride around Wales short for a visit to the dentist. So it was out with the bike pliers and some cocktail sticks I'd just bought to dig it out. After around 5 minutes the offending tooth was out, and in all honesty it wasn't to painful either. The ironic thing is though, the very next day i got a text message from my dentist sending me a reminder for a check up for next week!!!.
On a plus note i suppose ive saved myself some money by doing it myself lol.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:eek: :B)

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi again and hope you're all well..
You may of read an earlier post that i posted about my mini tour around Wales. It was great to be able to escape the throws of work and escape into the countryside of our great nation for a few days. The roads were unusually quiet and the scenery and dramatic views of Wales were beautiful as i rolled by on my bike.
Unfortunately there was a slight fly in the ointment to spoil things though.
The dreaded toothache had struck and was getting worse by the day. Clove oil was having little affect and it was really starting to annoy me. By Wednesday it came to a head. After a rotten day of wet weather and the relentless nagging from my tooth i decided to pull it out. I was hell bent on not cutting my precious holiday ride around Wales short for a visit to the dentist. So it was out with the bike pliers and some cocktail sticks I'd just bought to dig it out. After around 5 minutes the offending tooth was out, and in all honesty it wasn't to painful either. The ironic thing is though, the very next day i got a text message from my dentist sending me a reminder for a check up for next week!!!.
On a plus note i suppose ive saved myself some money by doing it myself lol.
You've still the check-up to pay for, when you go.

Nothing as distracting as toothache, glad it all worked out, I tried to
wedge one out with a knife one night, it was driving me nuts, the dam thing
broke, and was twice a sore, was at the dentists door at opening time in the morning,
he could nearly get the remainder out, it broke again under the pressure he put
on it, the last small morsel that was trapped in there sticking to my gum only
fell off thirty years later, not once did a dentist see it clinging on just below the
surface of my gum in all the visits after. Never forget that pain, much like the time
I stole the biggest spoon of ice cream I could load up, completely sour, I was the only
kid in town to refuse ice cream for as long as I can remember.

Did you use any anaesthetic? I once dealt with a verruca using a needle-tipped soldering iron but I prepared for the task with a few glasses of Scotch. It smelled a bit like pork crackling.

Well done!
Lucky you, I once removed a wart with a razor blade, I had a glass too, to
collect the blood so I would know when to wake the folks if I was getting low,
a soldering iron would have been less painful I think.
I had a few more bouts of DIY after that, I just go to the doctors now.

DIY in my
Is this the self-harming thread?
DIY in my case, it was the time when tight jeans were all the rage, and everyone stood with their hands buried
in their pockets trying to look hard, there I was with a wart on the outside corner of my little finger
and the blood trickling down every time I assumed the pose, parents took me to all the local
witch doctors, they rubbed all sorts on this wart to no avail, the only option left was to DIY,
and am pleased to report it was a complete success, more so than using sandpaper on the spot on my forehead,
or cutting my own hair because I did not like going to the barbers, being ten I was not very sociable.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
DIY in my

DIY in my case, it was the time when tight jeans were all the rage, and everyone stood with their hands buried
in their pockets trying to look hard, there I was with a wart on the outside corner of my little finger
and the blood trickling down every time I assumed the pose, parents took me to all the local
witch doctors, they rubbed all sorts on this wart to no avail, the only option left was to DIY,
and am pleased to report it was a complete success, more so than using sandpaper on the spot on my forehead,
or cutting my own hair because I did not like going to the barbers, being ten I was not very sociable.
Sandpaper on your forehead???

True grit!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Not the remake?
Even I would draw the line at DIY eye surgery.
john wayne true grit.png

Top Bottom