Pulsating pressure washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I have a Titan pressure washer which I last used about a year ago and it was working fine. (I had bought it only a few months earlier.). I hooked it all up today and, with confirmed good water pressure, it pulses while the lance is attached. When I take that off, to use the foaming function, it performs at a steady pressure.

Inlet and outlet look clear, is there anything else I should be checking?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have a Titan pressure washer which I last used about a year ago and it was working fine. (I had bought it only a few months earlier.). I hooked it all up today and, with confirmed good water pressure, it pulses while the lance is attached. When I take that off, to use the foaming function, it performs at a steady pressure.

Inlet and outlet look clear, is there anything else I should be checking?
Air getting sucked in somewhere? Any O rings missing or perished as they could dry up with non use?

Drago

Legendary Member
Check the nuts on the underside, see if one is missing :whistle:

Being serious though (difficult for me), have you checked that the lance itself isn't grunged up or partually blocked?

newts

Veteran
Sorry, what’s a flow switch?
When you pull the trigger on the lance (essentially a tap) it allows water throught the pipework & pump body. The flow switch senses the water movement & engages the pump. It may also be dirt in the lance being pushed up against the nozzle tip shutting the water flow off/on causing the machine to cycle (TMHNET's earlier post is the most plausible)

Last edited:
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
When you pull the trigger on the lance (essentially a tap) it allows water throught the pipework & pump body. The flow switch senses the water movement & engages the pump. It may also be dirt in the lance being pushed up against the nozzle tip shutting the water flow off/on causing the machine to cycle (TMHNET's earlier post is the most plausible)

I see, thanks. I’ll examine the tip of the nozzle more closely tomorrow.

Is it a regular pulsation, or random surges of power?

It’s a steady, rhythmic pulsation every two seconds or so.

If water pressure is good then it just might be the hose collapsing slightly under suction and cycling the motor off and on. I had to go to a more rigid hose and I also used brass fittings as the slightly larger bore size allowed more water to pass, but I also opened up the bore slightly too, I am a bit OCD...

Top Bottom