pun help wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like the name for evening things but I think this would start in autumn. The background is some community groups and volunteers trying to come up with ideas to raise awareness of and popularise Harding's Way in a visible way, which is yet again under attack from local government trying to put cars onto it (a summary of the route history is in this post from 2016). Playing a long game, it seems like the best way to defend it will be to encourage people to use it in various ways which they can't use the other roads and we can't expect local government to publicise it because they removed the route signs from it in 2010 and have never put them back.
Hardings No Right Of Way :laugh::laugh:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Not exactly a snappy short number, but the winter street party tag line could be something like:

'Only 9C car again can stop Harding’s way to glory' (1994 ice-skating ref for those too young to remember)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not exactly a snappy short number, but the winter street party tag line could be something like:

'Only 9C car again can stop Harding’s way to glory' (1994 ice-skating ref for those too young to remember)
Someone should take a crow bar to your knees for a pun like that.
Although the film which came out a few years ago on the subject was very good to watch.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I like Fnaar's....

If you ever have a Slimming Club party, it could be Harding's Weigh....
If there are lots of Geordies on the street, it'd be Harding's Wa'aye.

I'll stop now...

Drago

Legendary Member
Would it not be easier to change the name of the street? I mean, of it were Haddock Boulevard or somesuch then we'd be so deep in fish puns we could roe a boat across them.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Hardings No Way Through
--------------------------------------------------------
Piss up and Planning Party.
Bring your own booze, grub and wheel clamp.

Top Bottom