Puncture Prevention

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DLB

in my opinion the best thing you can buy for a bike is punctureproof tyres.

I have continental contacts on my road bike and one puncture in abput 1200miles, and spec armadillos on my hybrid and they have done 1500miles with just one puncture.

When my sister said she was going to buy a bike recently it was the first thing i suggested/insisted she buy.

redjedi

Über Member
+1 for Schwalbe Marathon Pluses.

I've had mine for about 5 months without a single P******e.

I've done over 1000 miles on them around London. They are a little bit heavy, but worth it since I no longer have to stop in the rain to patch my inner tube.

I got mine from http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/108869.html

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You don't always need super duper puncture resistant tyres - if road use then good tyres like Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2/3's are fine. I've been running both road bikes on Pro Race for 18 months. Had two snake bites (impact damage) caused by hitting the same blooming hole on two consecutive runs (second time whilst looking for the hole). Other wise no problems.

If it's your daily commuter, then resistant/heavy duty tyres are better, in that it reduces the risk of flats.

buddha

Veteran
I've been using tyre liners (Mr Tuffy's) for around 18 months. With good results so far. That way I can use a tyre of my choice (Michelin Krylion Carbon's in my case) with added puncture protection.

Top Bottom