Puncture Proof goo/anti puncture tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
2799174 said:
Indeed it is but, when you have expended effort to get it in, that is a bit of a pain.
Think of it as bit of extra excersise. Now of course you are having us on, even somebody totally lacking in mechanical know how would have thought to put the wheel in then pumped it up, if of course they only had the energy for one go.

screenman

Legendary Member
I trust you Adrian, but I still do not think your example is a good reason not to use slime.

screenman

Legendary Member
2799245 said:
No I agree. The only compelling reason I have is that I don't wish to.
Well at least you are honest, many people put things down and write about products without personal experience.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Not at all, I have just never in 40 years of cycling come across a brake that did not have some sort of quick release, I am lucky that you have educated me. Personally I would have had them set up so that you can just wind them out a bit, but there you go.
Anyone who has been sufficiently misguided as to use Shimano brake levers (release at caliper) with Campag brakes (release at lever) will have this problem.
If you set the cable up with enough adjustment to wind out the pads to clear an inflated tyre, you will have to either re-clamp the cable or throw out the brake block only half used. Reclamping the cable renders separate pads & holders fairly pointless.
Better to remember not to pump up the tyre until it's back in the bike - you'll only get it wrong once.

Top Bottom