Puncture, Puncture, Puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

I have a puncture which has already got slime in it. I am not to sure how to repair a tyre that has slime in it. Can anyone help please?

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a puncture which has already got slime in it. I am not to sure how to repair a tyre that has slime in it. Can anyone help please?
Tyre as in tubeless or inner tube with slime?
The latter, take tube out, give tyre thorough clean of gunge and anything spiky that cause the puncture and replace tube (with air or new slime one. Simples :okay:

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
Would it make a mess with all the slime?
How do you mean, you're just talking it out of the tyre and binning it, just keep the valve cap on (I don't think you have to remove the slime to remove the tube, stupid thing if you do). Do it outside and put lots of newspaper down to protect patio / floor covering (if indoors)

MonsterEnergy

How do you mean, you're just talking it out of the tyre and binning it, just keep the valve cap on (I don't think you have to remove the slime to remove the tube, stupid thing if you do)
but what im saying is because the slime is liquid would it go everywhere?

vickster

Legendary Member
i can actually see a very small hole in the tyre which it sounds like the hissing is coming from.
Does that show anything?
Yes there's a hole ;)

Hardening your tyres against You Know What is more than just popping on some Marathon plus.
Use a good quality, new inner tube with a valve of appropriate length.
Check the valve hole on the rim for burrs. Use fine emery cloth or sandpaper to smooth any sharpness.
Check every spoke head for excessively long spoke inside the rim.
Check rim tape. Replace with Velox tape.

Top Bottom