puncture repair on road tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
had a quick look and cant find this specific answer, i ususally use glueless patches to great results but ive ran out and am currently skint, ive suffered LOADS of punctures since switching to michelin lithions ( those have been sent back to michelin themselves for testing) so im now stuck with the classic old repair kits, although all the patches seem too big and need to wrap round most of the tube to have all the patch glues down, question is, does the entire patch need to be glued including the edges, or can i trim the patches down? im running 19-23 inner tubes

You can trim them.

Sharky

Guru
I seem to recall buying uncut sheets/rolls of repair rubber, about 3"x4" and I used to carry a small pair of scissors with me. My dad showed me when I as about 10, how to cut the patches at an angle, so that they could be stuck without a prominent edge. Never forgotten.

Also remember watching as he spun the back wheel round fast and I bent down at the same time. Had burn marks on my forehead for a few days! Something's you never forget.

Cheers Keith

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The patches are £2.99 for 6 in my LBS cheaper than tubes .

Top Bottom