Purchasing a bike through the company for VAT purposes - creative accounting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I have ISAs. Any future pension contributions I make would effectively be taxed at nearly 100%, so I don't make any.

Both ISAs and pensions have specific policy aims. The tax minimisations discussed in this thread are artificial, have no policy aims and are beyond what ministers and civil servants intended as they designed policy.
So tax mitigation is OK if it's part of a specific policy aim but not OK otherwise. What happens when I have two choices A and B as to how to structure a particular business transaction. Both lie within current tax legislation. A results in me paying less tax than B. Such as whether a business owner is paid via salary or dividend
My position on this is that so long as both A and B are legal then an individual can structure their affairs as they see fit. That's what tax legislation is there for. It is to draw the line as to what is acceptable and what isn't. I am as critical as anyone regarding people who fall the wrong side of the line but so long as you're on the right side it's fine

Top Bottom