Purchasing - Cold Turkey - How long can u go ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wow!

Wasn’t sure from your response what you actually meant. I get it now and it’s not good news. Gutted for you.
I've literally just heard that the court date is set for 1 Feb...that's if we can get all the medical stuff sorted, who knows.

I'm sure you'll get sorted far quicker...how's the leg?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've not bought a new bike for 14 months...
That's heroic!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Apart from any required spares, I've not brought anything cycle related since the Spa Elan in July.

The fact that I check the prices of the Titus Fireline 29er on Planet X daily (currently from £1300) even though I've got absolutely no need for a mountain bike is totally irrelavent!

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
I've literally just heard that the court date is set for 1 Feb...that's if we can get all the medical stuff sorted, who knows.

I'm sure you'll get sorted far quicker...how's the leg?
My injuries appear to be significantly less than yours. That will probably help.

Personally, I honestly think they will just tell me to go down the Criminal route. Will be she does if not.

bpsmith

Veteran
I fell much harder than I might have done, impact against solid objects...bike frame and road! The car didn’t acrually hit me, just clipped the bike
Doesn’t sound at all nice tbh.

J1888

Über Member
I went through a couple of years of buying stuff for the sake of it, got other things I need to spend money on/save for. Do need new tyres and winter bibs though, genuinely...

I can't recall the last time I went a month without buying something for the bike, whether 'essential' or not.

Having bought a new bike in 2015 and another last year, I promised myself (and more importantly the wife) I wouldn't by any more bikes this year. Caved in this afternoon....

At least it's only a second hand one this time!

presta

Guru
I bought a longer quill converter in March 2016 so that I could get the bars higher, prior to that I bought a tub of Rozalex in June 2014.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I do write things like:

Oh darn it, my bike has a puncture so I will buy a new one.

Or

My bike needs to be serviced. Oh look, I always wanted one of those kinda bikes so I buy it.

I am trying very hard not to buy stuff.

Top Bottom