Purple cyclist at risk..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
.... breeding morons?

Quite often, out on the collecting round, near capacity, one of use will say "Hmm, do you think we can get some more on?"

Whereupon the other is bound to say "Don't call me moron!" It's become quite a tradition.

I really don't understand why people dislike acts like the Purpleman - some of my colleagues said he irritates them. How? Why? he just stands there (well, sits on his bike). You can edit him out of your consciousness completely if you wish. He doesn't make a noise (unlike some of the 'musical' acts), he doesn't speak (unlike some of the juggling/escapology acts). He's just there. He amuses people. We could all do with more smiling in the world.

Mind you, a chap said to me the other day "And wheelie bins are such an eyesore, aren't they?" It's honestly never occurred to me to consider a wheelie bin an eyesore. It's a bin. Get over it! (or create no rubbish).

Sorry, digressing a bit there...

Canrider

Guru
TBH, I've never seen that particular 'living statue'

- Not moving
- Not chatting to someone

The guy doing it about, oh, five+ years ago (yellow, FWIW) actually remained immobile and silent.

Although in other news, Miss Canrider thinks he's the 'art gallery', due to a mixup in stated destinations on a recent outing.

Arch

Married to Night Train
TBH, I've never seen that particular 'living statue'

- Not moving
- Not chatting to someone

But I wouldn't say he's intrusive.

Perhaps I should pass the hat round when I'm working in the city centre, we get all sorts of folk coming up to ask us stuff* and take photos of the trikes. I wouldn't mind the chance to stand still every so often.

The guy doing it about, oh, five+ years ago (yellow, FWIW) actually remained immobile and silent.

My Mum brought her cousin up for a day's visit once, and she (the cousin) just couldn't believe he was a real man, until we got up very close.

Worst busker ever was Heartbeat Candy, an old guy who surrounded himself with dozens of motheaten soft toys and played the harmonica while his two dogs howled in time. But even he, I could just ignore.

*most common opening lines are "Are you the council?" and "Can you tell me how to get to...."

Top Bottom