Purple cyclist at risk..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sure FM is happy, from the safety of his pedestal.

Any Yorkie will attest to how much people enjoy looking at and photographing him. I'd rather see him that hear some of the godawful buskers playing to a prerecorded backing track...

I'm afraid even genteel middleclass York has its share of louts.

Gromit

Über Member
He was attacked on Saturday evening, the police arrested one chap.

byegad

Legendary Member
So we have incitement to violence which surely can be traced through facebook and an arrest for assault. Who wants to bet they don't get jailed?

albion

Guru
"Police said they did not believe it was linked to Facebook."So 10 years of performing the Facebook thing appears and the police think otherwise.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
He was attacked on Saturday evening, the police arrested one chap.

It says the guy they arrested was 36. THIRTY SIX!!

I'm sorry, but if you are still doing this sort of thing at that age then you are, without doubt, a complete and utter looser of the first magnitude.

16, maybe, but 36??:wacko:

"Police said they did not believe it was linked to Facebook."So 10 years of performing the Facebook thing appears and the police think otherwise.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

Must admit, they are bit boring these days, they're flipping everywhere.
Although to be fair, this purple bloke on a bike seems quite a good one (or was, :sad: )

So if they aren't any good then it is ok to attack them?? (stir stir).

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
It's the sort of performer who goes with the territory - touristy places - and to children they are probably not boring. This guy I have seen so often I barely notice him any more but it never occurred to me to play the bully and push him over!

Why would that be funny? Any more than leaning out of a car and trying to push one of us over? It's weird.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm sure FM is happy, from the safety of his pedestal.

Why would I be happy? The guy should be charged for what he's done. Considering I was talking about the difference between idle chat and reality, you would think that someone with your intelligence would know where I would stand.

albion

Guru
I'm still confused how a Facebook incitement to attack a person seems to be ignored whilst incitement to attack buildings gets 4 years in prison!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ive often wondered what would happen if you tried to steal one. Would he just stand still in my back garden?

Yes.... but the looks you'd get
ohmy.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
Why would I be happy? The guy should be charged for what he's done. Considering I was talking about the difference between idle chat and reality, you would think that someone with your intelligence would know where I would stand.

Well, the first thing you could think of to say about the whole thing was how much you disliked such acts - and how they were so terribly dull and unimaginative. So you'll be even more pleased to hear he's quitting York.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9208411.Purpleman_to_quit_York_after_attack/

Pity about all the people who enjoy seeing him, eh, but then they probably aren't nearly as clever as you are.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm still confused how a Facebook incitement to attack a person seems to be ignored whilst incitement to attack buildings gets 4 years in prison!

Buildings are very valuable you know. People, well, you can just breed more of them quite cheaply...

Top Bottom