Purple cyclist at risk..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I wonder if the small-print said 'Click Like in order to remove your social security benefits'?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I don't know, I wouldn't mind pushing most of these living statues off their podiums*. They are one of the most annoying features of contemporary cities. And they are the same everywhere. It's not as if they are inventive or interesting or add something different.

*you know, not really, I am just exaggerating to make a point (rather like the Facebook thing, I expect).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ignore them and walk on right past then, nobody is forcing you to stop and watch the 'living statue' (I doubt people stop and watch them for any length of time anyway).

Threatening someone just for the fun of it is just brainless.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Threatening someone just for the fun of it is just brainless.

People do it all the time. The difference is that social media allows things that would otherwise have stayed simply as idle gossip or dark humour down the pub to spread more widely and be subject to public discussion and overinterpretation.

Similarly, I might say that someone should really take out Celine Dion, but I don't actually mean it (or do I???).

I think the UK is having a collective overreaction to things in general right now, which is understandable in the circumstances...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Similarly, I might say that someone should really take out Celine Dion, but I don't actually mean it (or do I???).

Well, after Titanic, I'm sure quite a lot of people would have happily have done it! :biggrin:

I think the UK is having a collective overreaction to things in general right now, which is understandable in the circumstances...

Ah yes, VIVE LA REVOLOLUTIO...... oh, no, wait, lets just get some shoes instead.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
People do it all the time. The difference is that social media allows things that would otherwise have stayed simply as idle gossip or dark humour down the pub to spread more widely and be subject to public discussion and overinterpretation.

If thats the case then people need to get a hard lesson in tact. You cant publicly threaten or intimidate, even if you think its funny. Everyone has to be in on the joke (like Dudly Moore and Peter Cook's drunks) or it just goes horribly wrong.

You wouldnt walk up to a copper on a street corner and go "Jihad to da Policee!! Blap blap blap!!" You'd get arrested. The internet is a public place like the street corner, and people are watching.

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
I don't know, I wouldn't mind pushing most of these living statues off their podiums*. They are one of the most annoying features of contemporary cities. And they are the same everywhere. It's not as if they are inventive or interesting or add something different.

*you know, not really, I am just exaggerating to make a point (rather like the Facebook thing, I expect).

You do love an argument! And to be fair, I have seen you knocked off your own podium, now an then!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 1505890"]
FM is only bitter because on his recent evening course, "Dance, movement and mime in 20th century Canadia, a short introduction to hilarious street entertainment" his teacher, Pierre Defush, took him to task over his misinterpretation of the practical element to the module entitled "Still yet flowing" It took FM ages to get his hair like that.
[/quote]

That posts sounds like it is straight out of the 'Post A Lie bout The Poster Above' thread, but obviously, it isn't a lie.

Top Bottom