Push notifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I changed my browser to Edge from Explorer and a thing from Cyclechat came up so I just clicked OK but now I keep getting things pop up in the bottom right of the screen, I think I enabled 'Push'notifications can someone turn it off please as I don't seem able to. :angry:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Step 1: Click inside the search box and type notifications.
Step 2: Click Notifications & actions settings.
windows-10-disable-notifications.jpg
Enlarge Image
Screenshot by Rick Broida/CNET
Step 3: Scroll down a bit to the Notifications section, then disable (i.e., toggle off) the setting for Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Step 1: Click inside the search box and type notifications.
Step 2: Click Notifications & actions settings.
View attachment 533023 Enlarge Image
Screenshot by Rick Broida/CNET
Step 3: Scroll down a bit to the Notifications section, then disable (i.e., toggle off) the setting for Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
Cheers for the 'help' but all that did was take me to a page of a bunch of other people enduring/moaning about the same problem, can someone from the mod team reply please or even @Shaun

midlife

Guru
It's hidden in your account settings, access via your Avatar which is next to the envelope icon at the top of the screen...... I think

In the preferences section of your account

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I changed my browser to Edge from Explorer and a thing from Cyclechat came up so I just clicked OK but now I keep getting things pop up in the bottom right of the screen, I think I enabled 'Push'notifications can someone turn it off please as I don't seem able to. :angry:
Your Account > Settings > Preferences
Scroll down and you should see a box for blocking them.

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's hidden in your account settings, access via your Avatar which is next to the envelope icon at the top of the screen...... I think

In the preferences section of your account
Nay that disnae work either, nor does clicking on the stop notifications icon on the box they're in.

I've unchecked the box that says allow them, but I still get them and also get requests to allow them. Seems contradictory.

I suspect that the mod team won't know.
This is in the realms of the tech guys and there will be something deep in the coding that will always work against us. Probably some data collection thingy.

OP
OP
raleighnut

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I suspect that the mod team won't know.
This is in the realms of the tech guys and there will be something deep in the coding that will always work against us. Probably some data collection thingy.
I dunno but I doubt it, Cyclechat has always been quite a decent site for the years I've been a member, the mod team have far more access to the goings on than we have.I'm just miffed that one click now brings up these annoying little boxes in the bottom right corner of the page, if I want to see 'Alerts' I'll click on the Alerts little bell on the top.

Top Bottom