Pushing myself too soon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

chqshaitan

Guru
thanks bud, my reference to what i can lift in the gym was to highlight that my weight to loose is not as much as someone who has not been working out. considering i aint been at the gym since november and that i have completed 3 commutes and two were back to back, dont think my level of fitness aint too bad.

things can only get bettetr eh :smile:

OP
OP
C

chqshaitan

Guru
How about adding focused cardio to your gym workouts to help your fitness (assume cardio isn't already the main part of the gym) - big muscles don't seem to be overly helpful for cycling (or indeed weight loss

Rower, Stepper, Crosstrainer - 20 minutes of each at high intensity after warm up? Replace some of the weights with the cardio - I am assuming you are not a 6'8 rugby player who gets enough cardio running around a muddy field!

hehe, i had a personal trainer so had a very varied workout 2 hours each week, for example, i could do 5 x 150 metre sprints on th rower, with each one being under 10 seconds, with a 30 sec break in between.

i cant wait to take the mutt out for a good ride at delemere some point in the near future. he is a sprintert spaniel so it takes a lot to tire him out.

vickster

Legendary Member
And you are still 22 stone - did you quit the PT? Are you very tall? As I understand it, endurance cardio is better for weight loss than sprinty stuff. Did you really do 150m in under 10 seconds?? How come the fittest people need about 1m20 to do 500m...I think your sums might be out :wacko:

Top Bottom