Pushy Bristol BMW driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
An even easier way would be to ban insurance companies providing an "other vehicles under 3rd party clause". That way, if the person isn't specifically named on the certificate with that reg, they're not insured.
That would be a bit of a nuisance and unnecessary: just require anyone lending a car to hold valid insurance details for the person they lent it to. So if you want to borrow my car, either I add you to my insurance or you need to hand me a copy of your certificate or I don't give you the keys.

But I'm sure banning "all vehicle" policies would generate lots of more chargeable admin work for insurance companies as people had to add/remove drivers, so they'd be all in favour of it :sad:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
1. The car has been driven dangerously and in amanner that could have called serious injury
2. The owner has a legal obligation to ensure that at the time the vehicle was insured, driven by a licensed driver.....
3. If they have not done this then they are guilty.... the evidence is simple that they lent their vehicle without these checks

The consequences are the price of stupidity
Unless the car was "stolen". I think from reading posts on other sites, the car hasn't been found either.

jarlrmai

Veteran
You can always just hire a car register it for 2 people, knock a cyclist off and drive away then both of you get amnesia about who was driving and you'll pretty much get away with it.

Reactions: mjr
Unless the car was "stolen". I think from reading posts on other sites, the car hasn't been found either.

Car missing for several weeks...

Either you lent it to a very dodgy mate and are now hiding it or it was stolen in which case reporting it was the sensible option

You can always just hire a car register it for 2 people, knock a cyclist off and drive away then both of you get amnesia about who was driving and you'll pretty much get away with it.

Again there should be a solution

One is guilty, one is perverting the course of justice (as an example) do both for the latter offence

sanddancer

Its not just car drivers getting away with intimidating or assaulting cyclists.
a few years ago i took a friend and his family to Liverpool airport. On my return journey I was intentionally rammed by some chav idiot probably high on drugs.
I couldn't give chase as he veered off the carriageway and gone.
Two others stopped to say he had tried to ram them off the road but they drove off as it was on a dual carriageway.
I phoned the police and as the road was covered by cctv it went to court.
when I turned up at court I learned that he had been tried earlier that day but I hadn't been informed :sad:
Also he was up for something like 13 other offences but had got off scot free :sad:

It really is a sad state of affairs when people like that can drive the roads putting others lives at risk and get away with it :sad:

Top Bottom