Pushy Bristol BMW driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

This has made the Evening Post so I expect a lot of "well done better luck next time" comments on their site.

I can't imagine he won't be identified soon.

rugby bloke

Veteran
A pretty good shot of his reg number and his face. To be honest he does not look old enough to be driving but perhaps its my age. A child in the car as well, nice. Hopefully action will be taken but I suspect non of us will hold our breath.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not even a proper Bimmer, one of those boring 3 series things that are more common than Mondeos. Remember, you can't grow up to be a has-been if you're a never-was.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Normal for Lockleaze. I get most of my worst passes at the top of that road!

As for action, I'm hopeful, it had certainly reached police attention last night. Now we just need someone to identify him.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you look at his eyes he is not looking at the cyclist, he is looking at the wing mirror. He doesn't appear to be shouting or angry. He could actually be adjusting his wing mirror.

Either that or he is trying to grab the flag on the back of the bike. I don't think he is trying to push him off.

I think this would really struggle in court.

Is there any more to the story?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
If you look at his eyes he is not looking at the cyclist, he is looking at the wing mirror. He doesn't appear to be shouting or angry. He could actually be adjusting his wing mirror.

Either that or he is trying to grab the flag on the back of the bike. I don't think he is trying to push him off.

I think this would really struggle in court.

Is there any more to the story?
I think there's a good chance he's after the flag because he looks like he's concentrating really really hard and his hand is too far out for the mirror (as Origamist has just pointed out - almost certainly electric). Also he swerves out with no obstruction on his side.

This might be serious enough that he gets a good talking to and reminded of his responsibilities as an otherwise law-abiding motorist.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I think the theory that it is not his car and he was driving for a garage or similar is likely to be correct. Or he's a total scofflaw...

steve50

Disenchanted Member
definitely not reaching for his mirror, he is almost head and shoulders out of the window, palm of hand flat and reaching out beyond his mirror, utter, utter moron, and with a child or young woman in the car as well. If it can't be proven he was trying to push the cyclist off his bike he should at least be charged with driving with undue care and attention. How can he possibly be concentrating on the road when he is hanging out of his side window.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Oh my, sometimes words just fail me, if you typed this with a straight face you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

Well, I expected Steve to say the driver was greeting the cyclist with a friendly wave or high 5 and a bonus "Hiya" close pass at speed...sort of like doffing your hat in Edwardian times to a neighbour.

Top Bottom