Pussy, Putin and the right to be insult religion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordloveaduck

The one example of censorship which makes me laugh is Gay Bar by Electric 6.

In the Uk, they let the video pass for classification, but only if they edited out any reference to war, as it was at the beginning of the second Gulf war.

Just watch it and you'll see why this is funny as it possibly the least "offensive" ( I don't find any of it offensive, but I think inferring honest Abe liked putting hamsters up his bum may upset some) part of the video:

There is nothing offensive about Electric six Gay Bar and it was never editited for the UK
No objects went up anyone ones bottom. Have you ever watched the video? or any of Electric Six video's

Why mention Osborne though, if anything the present Government is less zealous than NuLabour in removing protest. Remember the PArliament Square protests in 2005?

Bliar et al defined an area including Parliament Square and anywhere "in a 1 km line from PArliament Square under the The Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (Designated Area) Order 2005
143 Prohibited activities in controlled area of Parliament Square
(1) A constable or authorised officer who has reasonable grounds for believing that a person is doing, or is about to do, a prohibited activity may direct the person--
(a) to cease doing that activity, or
(b) (as the case may be) not to start doing that activity.
(2) For the purposes of this Part, a "prohibited activity" is any of the following--
(a) operating any amplified noise equipment in the controlled area of Parliament Square;
(b) erecting or keeping erected in the controlled area of Parliament Square--
(i) any tent, or
(ii) any other structure that is designed, or adapted, (solely or mainly) for the purpose of facilitating sleeping or staying in a place for any period;
(c) using any tent or other such structure in the controlled area of Parliament Square for the purpose of sleeping or staying in that area;
(d) placing or keeping in place in the controlled area of Parliament Square any sleeping equipment with a view to its use (whether or not by the person placing it or keeping it in place) for the purpose of sleeping overnight in that area;
(e) using any sleeping equipment in the controlled area of Parliament Square for the purpose of sleeping overnight in that area.
(3) But an activity is not to be treated as a "prohibited activity" within subsection
(2) if it is done--
(a) for police, fire and rescue authority or ambulance purposes,
(b) by or on behalf of a relevant authority, or
(c) by a person so far as authorised under section 147 to do it (authorisation for operation of amplified noise equipment).
(4) In subsection (2)(a) "amplified noise equipment" means any device that is designed or adapted for amplifying sound, including (but not limited to)--
(a) loudspeakers, and
(b) loudhailers.
(5) In subsection (3)(b) "relevant authority" means any of the following--
(a) a Minister of the Crown or a government department,
(b) the Greater London Authority, or
(c) Westminster City Council.
(6) It is immaterial for the purposes of a prohibited activity--
(a) in the case of an activity within subsection (2)(b) or (c) of keeping a tent or similar structure erected or using a tent or similar structure, whether the tent or structure was first erected before or after the coming into force of this section;
(b) in the case of an activity within subsection (2)(d) or (e) of keeping in place any sleeping equipment or using any such equipment, whether the sleeping equipment was first placed before or after the coming into force of this section.
(7) In this section "sleeping equipment" means any sleeping bag, mattress or other similar item designed, or adapted, (solely or mainly) for the purpose of facilitating sleeping in a place.
(8) A person who fails without reasonable excuse to comply with a direction under subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.

No party comes out well in this area, but Osborne is certainly no worse than his predecessors!

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
There is nothing offensive about Electric six Gay Bar and it was never editited for the UK
No objects went up anyone ones bottom. Have you ever watched the video? or any of Electric Six video's

I said I didn't find it offensive and I said it inferred a hamster went up his bottom - a hamster runs across in a tube towards the end. I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen actually. But The UK asked for the song to be edited before they would show it on TV. It was in the NME at the time as being quite ridiculous.

Yes, I have seen Electric Six Videos and often recreate dance commander in my living room.

ASC1951

Guru
My point was really that in this country we pass or amend laws for what seem at the time like perfectly genuine reasons, and then.......five years down the line some old geezer is being arrested for wearing a t-shirt
And you're absolutely right. Two of the most reactionary Home Secretaries in decades - David Blunkett and Jack Straw - have stitched us up with some ludicrously far-reaching provisions. The sad reality is that if you play one of your protecting children/preventing terrorism/countering moneylaundering Jokers you can get the great British public to accept anything. The draconian anti-IRA legislation was at least time-limited, but now "the interests of the State" extends as far as sheltering ministers and civil servants from the embarrassment of being found lying.
"Torture? No, not us, guv. And the man was completely dry from head to toe when we handed him over to the Yanks".

TransientStates

Regular
And you're absolutely right. Two of the most reactionary Home Secretaries in decades - David Blunkett and Jack Straw - have stitched us up with some ludicrously far-reaching provisions. The sad reality is that if you play one of your protecting children/preventing terrorism/countering moneylaundering Jokers you can get the great British public to accept anything. The draconian anti-IRA legislation was at least time-limited, but now "the interests of the State" extends as far as sheltering ministers and civil servants from the embarrassment of being found lying.
"Torture? No, not us, guv. And the man was completely dry from head to toe when we handed him over to the Yanks".

Agree entirely: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127

subaqua

What’s the point
Had to look him up, but indeed we sang his "classic" Shine Jesus, Shine in our school.

Although as youngster, this one was one of the least bad hymns:

anything remotely happy clappy should be removed and burned .

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Why mention Osborne though, if anything the present Government is less zealous than NuLabour in removing protest. Remember the PArliament Square protests in 2005?
because he's a psycho aristo zomboid who, I'm reliably told, no woman with a brain would get naked with. Can't a chap have some fun?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's only one relevant fact in that context - the war-mongering self-righteous sub-messianic nincompoop you're obsessed with left power some years ago. It's time to change the record.

subaqua

What’s the point
There's only one relevant fact in that context - the war-mongering self-righteous sub-messianic nincompoop you're obsessed with left power some years ago. It's time to change the record.

leopards don't change spots. once a liar always a liar. but yes there are others to be more annoyed with currently

Top Bottom