puts me off joining a cycling club..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That's good, but it's clearly not everyone's experience of joining a cycling club as countless threads here over the years have sadly shown.

I think a lot of the negatives have come from people who have not been there and got the t shirt. Are you saying that in 45 years of cycle club membership, along with being involved with many clubs I have not paid dues to I have been lucky?[/QUOTE]
Nope.
But many try something once and if they don't feel welcome it puts them off trying another. I was lucky as Didcot were a welcoming bunch.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think a lot of the negatives have come from people who have not been there and got the t shirt. Are you saying that in 45 years of cycle club membership, along with being involved with many clubs I have not paid dues to I have been lucky?
Nope.
But many try something once and if they don't feel welcome it puts them off trying another. I was lucky as Didcot were a welcoming bunch.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is the person who does not feel welcome that is the problem.

My fear is all the ignorant doom mongering might just put one person off trying something they might have ended up having a lot of pleasure from.

Top Bottom