puts me off joining a cycling club..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
so im out today cycling up a hill, i hear puffing and panting behind me then see 4 guys from colchester rovers cc on my right overtaking me. i say a quick hello and they ignore me, ok not a problem as they were going for it. however instead of passing and keeping their speed up, they just sit in front of me! it was obv important for them to overtake me, but to then slow back down just yards in front of me shows they did it purely for their egos! when i overtake someone i make sure i drop them or at least keep the speed up. saddos.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cyclewankers ....

crazyjoe101

Effort is no excuse unless you are on the brink of cardiac arrest lol. I was going full tilt up an 11% today and in serious discomfort having misjudged the length of the hill - I still managed to say hello to the two chaps I passed, even if it did reveal how hard I was trying :smile:

Lee gg

so im out today cycling up a hill, i hear puffing and panting behind me then see 4 guys from colchester rovers cc on my right overtaking me. i say a quick hello and they ignore me, ok not a problem as they were going for it. however instead of passing and keeping their speed up, they just sit in front of me! it was obv important for them to overtake me, but to then slow back down just yards in front of me shows they did it purely for their egos! when i overtake someone i make sure i drop them or at least keep the speed up. saddos.
They seem to be the only group who do not acknowledge other cyclist, I now go out of my way to make it harder for them when seen out, where did you see them ?

screenman

Legendary Member
So 4 guys are going to put you off joining a club that could well have 200 very friendly members. Sorry but I do not get that at all.

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
I think it is actually quite easy to misjudge relative speeds.

When you are gradually creeping up on someone, your closing speed is helped by (a) the psychological effect of seeing them ahead of you and (b) however modestly, by aerodynamics. So you think to yourself that your closing speed justifies overtaking. But as soon as you overtake, both those factors stop working for you and start working often person you've overtaken. And you find yourself not pulling away as fast as you expected - or, from their perspective, being a nobber

Mrs M

Guru
Wouldn't worry about it :becool:
Just get a wee secret motor and zoom past them next time, giving a "wee salute" as you go :bicycle: :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Maybe they were brought up not to talk to strangers, now I must admit I nod and wave at most cyclist and consider those that do not as antisocial, but it would certainly not stop me joining a cycling club.

Top Bottom