puts me off joining a cycling club..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's not so much the lack of a cheery greeting as they pass (and trust me, I've had a lot go past me), it's when a club ride goes past a foot off your elbow and then cuts back in inches off your front wheel that really gets my goat...

They'd (rightly) go nuts if a car driver did that.

speccy1

Yeah and some decent clubs .....

This is Thursday's club night, 3 different groups: Mellow, Medium, Quick.

View attachment 134464

Mixed bag of mellowers .....

View attachment 134463

View attachment 134465

View attachment 134466

Post ride recovery product in the clubhouse .....

View attachment 134467

Free chip butties!

View attachment 134468
That looks civilized, if my club was like that I`d be back in a shot. Mine is too snobby/serious to stop for a beer after the ride

screenman

Legendary Member
That looks civilized, if my club was like that I`d be back in a shot. Mine is too snobby/serious to stop for a beer after the ride

What club is that? Many clubs are made up of different groups of people, have you connected with the wrong group.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The great thing is that all of our groups come back to the clubhouse and everyone mixes well. I appreciate other more serious/racey clubs often don't. We're a social cycling club with faster and slower riders.

speccy1

The great thing is that all of our groups come back to the clubhouse and everyone mixes well. I appreciate other more serious/racey clubs often don't. We're a social cycling club with faster and slower riders.
Mine has different groups, but nobody ever meets up socially after, usually everybody disappears one by one as the ride progresses until the end when there are about 3 left. Not particularly fun in my book

screenman

Legendary Member
Mine has different groups, but nobody ever meets up socially after, usually everybody disappears one by one as the ride progresses until the end when there are about 3 left. Not particularly fun in my book

Sounds like you need to do a bit of organising then.

Do not ask what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club.

Out of interest which club do you belong too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sounds like you need to do a bit of organising then.

Do not ask what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club.

Out of interest which club do you belong too.
Or alternatively do what we did and start your own. We formed a social club that rides bikes ....

screenman

Legendary Member
I tend to agree. Any 'serious' club, is full of Castelli wearing bellends. Male and female.

Lincoln Wheelers has about 200 members who are serious about cycling most would disagree with you. I would suggest that your experience of cycling clubs may be rather limited.

Top Bottom