Putting bar ends on bike with grips.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyR00

So I have an 401 discovery with chunky grips on the handlebar grips.

Maybe this is obvious but can I put bar ends on. Would I have to cut into the grip ends before I could do this. Maybe cut an inch or so off the end, which I don't really want to do?

just cut the end off , a couple of mm, move brake and gear levers inwards , slide grip inwards to give enough room for bar ends

Yes you can..
I like the ergo style grips with the ends that are not massive but not tiny (let's say medium size) you can just cut the hole to the ends and move the grips inwards if you want to keep them their current size(hopefully it obvious what I'm saying.

GuyBoden

Guru
Fusking is the appropriately filthy-sounding term for the practice of nabbing private photos through a flaw in an image-hosting site's security ...

Last edited:

RichardB

Slightly retro
I've just fitted bar ends to my new bike which came with ergo grips. I didn't want to destroy them, so I bought some Boardman lock-on grips for £10, took off the ergo grips and fitted the lock-on grips a bit further inboard (moving the gear and brake controls as necessary). It looks and works fine, and if I want to go back to the ergo grips I can do so.

Top Bottom