putting dvds on mpthingy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

I have taken the rash decision of entering the modern age and buying an mp3 player that also shows videos. My question is how do I get the DVDs I already own onto my computer and from there into this small infernal box I have bought

I should mention I still struggle to recharge and Ipod shuffle without deleting all the music on it, but it does mean I am always surprised at what appears on it!

It will either come with some conversion software or you will have to download one from the internet, designed for your player. It takes a good few hours to convert a movie.

rh100

DVD's are copy protected, so will take time to decrypt (assuming you can get the right software) and may then need to be converted to a format suitable to your player.

Follow this link for info on doing it for an ipod or this one for other media players (I havn't used these guides by the way - just got them from a quick google search) - it should give you an idea.

Copyright issues apply though - especially with decrypting DVD's - but I think generally if you own the DVD and you don't share it - should be OK.

Bman

Guru
The sad truth is, Copy protection is a big barrier here.

It would be easier to download pirate mp4's to play on your device. Otherwise you will have to spend hours decrypting and ripping, then coverting your movies yourself.

Garz

Squat Member
Agree with bongman, and if your worried about theft or unpaid for movies just download the ones you have in dvd format. This way you have the original and are just timesaving on converting as someone has dont this process for you! ;)

Top Bottom