Q for Catrike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Is there such a thing as fully enclosed (streamlined) bodywork for the trikes, and if so does it make a lot of difference ?

Night Train

Maker of Things

Arch

Married to Night Train
There's also the:

Trice Borealis

Not fully enclosed, as you see, but oh boy, do I want one. It's bound to be fast, being red like that...

From the few minutes I've had inside one, I'd say they could be very fast indeed - it felt so much smoother, and the gale force wind that day just vanished...

I gather 60 down a decent hill for velomobiles isn't unheard of...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Of course, with a bit of nouse, one can make one's own fairing - chap on Velo Vision called Lee made a superb one out of correx (that plastic that make estate agent boards from), very neatly cut to shape and seamed...

As you can see there are lots and yest it can make a huge difference if designed correctly, it does make it slower on climbs generally though due to the added weight, however they can be a lot faster on the flat and down hills.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Machines like the Aerorider in my first post seem more akin to a car for one then a bike of any description. It allows enclosed travel, out of the elements, boot space and a few creature comforts on the road like built in lights, indicators and wipers. It is also battery assisted to increase range and hill climbing making it a very capable commuting vehicle.

Top Bottom