Qatar..... what will they do with all those new stadiums ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Look, squirrel :smile:

Eta
Some of your posts are errant nonsense, such as these. When this is pointed out, you seem to take it personally. Nobody is drowning you out, you are drowning all on your own.

Nice edit……..but as per usual, you only allow people to debate that agree with you. The debate was on stadium infrastructure, you change the goal posts to suite your own rhetoric and now you want to attack me….im not taking anything personally, just not agreeing with your errant and irrational debating style.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Nice edit……..but as per usual, you only allow people to debate that agree with you. The debate was on stadium infrastructure, you change the goal posts to suite your own rhetoric and now you want to attack me….im not taking anything personally, just not agreeing with your errant and irrational debating style.

If it makes you happy then delete any reference to anything other than the 8 new stadia.

Do you think that gives your 'argument' any greater credibility?

BTW my edit is a factual statement. The number of occasions that I and others have noted your taking personal offence and flouncing from threads is legion. It's usually the case when you are unable to sustain an argument.

As for me, I enjoy a good robust debate, but here you really have nothing beyond your continuing attempts at obfuscation I'm afraid.

jowwy

If it makes you happy then delete any reference to anything other than the 8 new stadia.

Do you think that gives your 'argument' any greater credibility?

BTW my edit is a factual statement. The number of occasions that I and others have noted your taking personal offence and flouncing from threads is legion. It's usually the case when you are unable to sustain an argument.

As for me, I enjoy a good robust debate, but here you really have nothing beyond your continuing attempts at obfuscation I'm afraid.

Yes it does….because the report you linked does no state 6500 deaths link to stadium builds, which is what the debate was over.

I wonder how many deaths there where on infrastructure projects in qatar prior to the world cup being granted in 2010. Because it would seem that you and others only care about post 2010

as for the rest, just usual bluff and bluster….and i have never ever flounce from any thread or debate in my life and i aint starting now.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yes it does….because the report you linked does no state 6500 deaths link to stadium builds, which is what the debate was over.

I wonder how many deaths there where on infrastructure projects in qatar prior to the world cup being granted in 2010. Because it would seem that you and others only care about post 2010

as for the rest, just usual bluff and bluster….and i have never ever flounce from any thread or debate in my life and i aint starting now.

You are having a logic failure in the first part I'm afraid. I can't help you with that.

The latter part is simply astonishing in its lack of self-awareness.

jowwy

You are having a logic failure in the first part I'm afraid. I can't help you with that.

The latter part is simply astonishing in its lack of self-awareness.

So no youve gone from debate, to personal attack………because you got into a debate that you could never win and are now trying to find an out strategy.

Now now, calm down…
Having read through four pages of thread,

I think the big issue in the press isn’t how many people have died or where, it’s that everyone should have a right to attend work and not come home in a coffin. In my opinion 1 death due to accident is too many. Note: excluding natural things such as heart attacks etc.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Now now, calm down…
Having read through four pages of thread,

I think the big issue in the press isn’t how many people have died or where, it’s that everyone should have a right to attend work and not come home in a coffin. In my opinion 1 death due to accident is too many. Note: excluding natural things such as heart attacks etc.

That's part of the issue Dave, that is the remarkable number of fit, healthy (all workers passed a full medical to be allowed in) young people who died of 'natural causes' without an autopsy being undertaken.

There has, by almost universal agreement, been an attempt at a huge cover up in Qatar. Note the figure of 6500 is nearly 10000 lower than Amnesty International's estimate.

It is beyond doubt that this is an event built upon the bodies of many overseas construction workers, and it ill behoves anyone to seek to avoid that simple truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom